Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Royster

Italeri 1:48 Hawk XX205 (light blue/yellow)

Recommended Posts

I shall be building with the following bits and bobs:

5653871479_0240146ae2_b.jpg

5653877535_d56ea88ed2_b.jpg

5691436364_824679283f_z.jpg

5690864001_f41f657823_z.jpg

I'm looking forward to this build..

Edited by Royster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have them in 1/72 thatrs a cracking scheem i look farward to seeing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Mark.

Progress so far:

Not sure if I'd use the Eduard set again. That's not to say it's not a good set. Perhaps a bit fussy for this scale. But I have to try it at least once.

5691438618_be27013718_z.jpg

5690866415_c2129d2e91_z.jpg

5691441346_33e0f09ae6_b.jpg

5690869387_ea93585a75_z.jpg

The self adhesive parts need superglue assistance and the bang seats are waiting for superglue to set before I bend the belts into the correct position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far:

5722976193_03fed53d97_z.jpg

5723532598_8b0836bb06_z.jpg

5723533434_df9b45cf76_z.jpg

5722979401_62793673c7_z.jpg

My use of "shot+PVA" failed so I had to resort to lesser methods for nose weight

5723536752_55ccae03a2_z.jpg

5722983093_80a80bf239_z.jpg

5722982045_d43e348bcd_z.jpg

5722984677_0dda69ecff_z.jpg

5722980003_4ae1b7cd37_z.jpg

Italeri tail fin shape and then mine...

5722983927_a3deb92178_z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know what the problem with the Italeri nose is? I can't find the thread and I'm sure I read somewhere it's not quite right...

As you can see above (now I've had chance to look through my own pics), there is an amount of tidying up to take care of...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Progress:

5765532163_e7c9399e2e_b.jpg

Not 100% happy here with the main bays

5765532487_2556df0e97_b.jpg

All buttoned up this far

5766081372_1b4540745c_b.jpg

again

5766081758_88cfe90426_b.jpg

Sealed with Klear to try and avoid the dreaded thread worms!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the nice comments so far.

I wish I'd remembered to mask the yellow area or white undercoat it first as the black bleeds through

Also these decals are extremely fragile and split in many places as well as torn in 2 areas.

So my advice to anyone using the 1:48 decals is heed the above. Additionally to the above it might be worth cutting the big decals first where the cut line would be hidden by the roundel or crease.

Anyway enjoy:

5777088251_ec4ffb2ec1_z.jpg

5777088969_4889eb70d0_z.jpg

5777089927_f23c121b57_z.jpg

5777090595_0c2672c7c9_z.jpg

5777091331_0a40874bc7_z.jpg

5777092147_de7c64ab89_z.jpg

5777634108_b322fb97d1_z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well That'll do me...

Not my best but not too shabby

5893584372_f7129e64f1_z.jpg

5893017261_7eb7614a8f_z.jpg

5893018211_4526940447_z.jpg

5893020355_c07513d2db_z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks good mate the shine on the black is spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great build with a cool scheme! B)

It's hard to belive the 90th anniversary was FIVE years ago! :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all. Even though I used Humbrol Acrylic Gloss, it just wouldn't shine. So I got my secret weapon: an old can of Humbrol Enamel Gloss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankyou kindly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...