XJ951 BAe Systems Demonstrator

Daniel

Ok, time to start my thread.

I'm building the BAe demonstrator XJ951 from the Airfix 1/72 boxing. Added to this I have two resin seats (courtesy of Mark) and Eduard canopy paint masks.

Usual box shot below. So far I have made quick progress and have glued as many sub assemblies as possible together, and also primed the cockpit and seats. I'll try and catch up with the pics tomorrow sometime!

71e8cd28.png

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there...

I know you haven't updated this thread in a while but I just got this kit myself yesterday and I'll be doing XJ951 as well ( not for this GB though, for one on IPMS Ireland ) so I'm looking forward to pics and updates on how the build is going for you. A quick look at the decals & pics gets me a little worried, I find it hard to tell which is paint and which is decal! Thanks...

J.

• 1 month later...

Well after a crazy few months I'm back on this. I have no free weekends between now and the end date, so it'll be q challenge. So far I have the fuselage together, seats painted and pilots almost done. Decided to do this displayed in flight now. I'll put up some pics tomorrow night of progress to date.

Dan

Hi Daniel,

That's just excellent, I was hoping you might get this one done. As I said a while ago, I'm finding it hard to figure out from the Instructions which is paint and which is decals. I think it would be easier if they gave you pictures for the painting instructions, and then pictures for the decal instructions.

Anyhow, I hope the build goes well, post up lots of pics! I'm hoping to start on mine in a few weeks when I've finished my Corsair, I'm holding out hope that CMK will have released their Resin / PE cockpit interior set by then!

J.