WnW announcements at Omaka Airshow

andy wood

As mentioned/discussed elsewhere on this forum and others, WnW had on display test shots of the DH2, Eindekker, and Sopwith Triplane. An FE2B was fully made up and WnW have declared thier intention to do a Snipe as well. Release dates are 'prehaps this year.'

Sopwith Triplane and Snipe! Fantatic news. Would like to see a Dolphin sometime as well.

Andrew

From the Wingnut Wings news page (see the bottom right corner):

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/news

"In development:

Sopwith Triplane

Fokker D.VII

FE.2b

Fokker E.II/III

Sopwith Snipe

DH.2"

I'm in for a couple of Snipes - both 43 Sqn; one in late 1918 as the first operational unit and a post-war example just after they reformed. (I can then hope for a 1½ Strutter and a Camel :D ).

Yet Roden already make both the Sopwith Triplane and the DH2, and I've not heard that these kits are not acceptable. Wonder why Wingnut feel the need to duplicate them?

Not complaining, by the way, just passing comment.

Yet Roden already make both the Sopwith Triplane and the DH2, and I've not heard that these kits are not acceptable. Wonder why Wingnut feel the need to duplicate them?

Oops, didn't know that... ah, well - shows what I get for passing on rumours! :)

Cheers

Camel? :hmmm:

Unlikely, I'm afraid - they have stated that they won't be doing anything for which there is an acceptable kit already on the market. :shrug:

FWIW :)

Rick

I have to say that I have read in an interview with the people from WNW that they have no intenton of doing a Camel. Can not remember the reasons why.

Hey Obi and Rick I talked to Dave from wingnut wings at the Omaka airshow and he said they actually held off releasing the Triplane because they wanted to see what the Roden one was like, so going off that I'd say it won't be too far away.

Hmmm, possible change of heart. There had been so many people clamouring for a Camel I suppose they will have to relent sooner or later. Seeing all these new releases are going to put such a strain on my paypacket.

Everybody knows that WWI was just a war opposing the British Empire and the German Empire, isn't it?

WnW, where are the French and Italian WWI fighters?

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Everybody knows that WWI was just a war opposing the British Empire and the German Empire, isn't it?

V.P.

Fair point well put. Could say the same for AH aircraft.

Edited by andy wood

Hey Obi and Rick I talked to Dave from wingnut wings at the Omaka airshow and he said they actually held off releasing the Triplane because they wanted to see what the Roden one was like, so going off that I'd say it won't be too far away.

Thanks for that, Steve

I'd love a Nieuport 17 to Wingnut's standards.