1/35 1980's British troops?

Tango 1

I'm in the middle of building a RAF Regiment Scorpion CRV for a mate of mine and wanted to put some figures on the base to go with it, trouble is I cannot find any 1/35th 1980's era British figures. I've seen some around posed with SLR's but I cannot find any on the web.

If anyone out there has any suggestions I'd be very grateful!

The only plastic ones I know of are the stretcher bearer figures that came with Tamiya's Landrover ambulance way back. I think they were available separately - and may still be - but I don't think they came with any weapons.

Tamiya Landrover Ambulance Crew

I did think there were suitable figures in the Hornet Wolf 1/35th metal figure range but a quick check suggests not! They all seem to be WWII.

Firing Line (David J Parkins), however, do a metal British Army AFV crew 1960-80's and other British Army types from that era which may be of use to you (scroll down): -

Firing Line Brit 1/35th Figures

SB Sculptures also do some Brit types in resin including a 1970's tank crew:-

SB British

Edited by Nick Millman

The only plastic ones I know of are the stretcher bearer figures that came with Tamiya's Landrover ambulance way back. I think they were available separately - and may still be - but I don't think they came with any weapons.

Italeri did a set of modern weapons (not sure if it's still in the catalogue) that included the SLR and the Sterling, and a Milan missile IIRC. Got a set in the loft somewhere, and three or four of the stretcher party, for conversion.

Italeri did a set of modern weapons (not sure if it's still in the catalogue) that included the SLR and the Sterling, and a Milan missile IIRC. Got a set in the loft somewhere, and three or four of the stretcher party, for conversion.

They did, and the set also included the Milan. It's not in catlogue anymore, but it's east to find. The SLR however represented more the belgian version than the british one. Minor differences that most will not bother about in this scale, but they are there

Tamiya Landrover Ambulance Crew

I did think there were suitable figures in the Hornet Wolf 1/35th metal figure range but a quick check suggests not! They all seem to be WWII.

Firing Line (David J Parkins), however, do a metal British Army AFV crew 1960-80's and other British Army types from that era which may be of use to you (scroll down): -

Firing Line Brit 1/35th Figures

SB Sculptures also do some Brit types in resin including a 1970's tank crew:-

SB British

Nick, THANK YOU! There are some fantastic figures there, one in particular that is just the thing I'm looking for. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

The Tamyia ones were available as a separate and can still be found. The figures are pretty nice, the equipment they come with is a little generic, the side pouches look like 58 pattern but not much else.

Julien

Wee Friends also has some modern British figures:

Modern British Infantryman with SA80

WF35031.sm.1_m.jpg

http://eshop.friendshipmodels.org.uk/epage...roducts/WF35031

1982 British Para Falklands walking SLR Bergen

Falklands_Para_m.jpg

http://eshop.friendshipmodels.org.uk/epage...roducts/WF35039

1980's British Para NCO Running with SMG

WF35040_m.jpg

http://eshop.friendshipmodels.org.uk/epage...roducts/WF35040

Gr,