Anson NZ418

I've finally finished my Classic Airframes Anson after nearly four years, most of which was taken up by modellers block because of the fit of the glazing/top of the fuselage/turret position. Anyway she's done now, so thank to Howard Moon for showing me that it was buildable and various other members for encouragement during the build. See it wasn't doomed Wolfie.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...=65684&st=0

IMGP2225.jpg

i wanted to do this Anson because of my Dad, who was a toolmaker at Avro at Yeadon and who loved the Anson more than the Lancaster, he even blagged us onto an old Mk19 at Squires Gate once. He remember these aircraft being built and some New Zealand big wig coming to visit.

This next view shows that I was mad enough to buy a second one, this will be finished without the turret and with the Oxford style cowlings but it's going back into the stash for a bit.

IMGP2227.jpg

Nice one Silver Fox. My effort will only be in 1/72 but you've decided me to do with the old Airfix kit the best I can with a Falcon canopy & any other detailing I can find. Thats a cool effort & neat scheme, I'll poach it or similar for mine one of these days.

Steve.