I can't believe this is still in one piece

Shar2

During my time in the FAA I used to build models as the centre piece for the mess, (actually a distraction to those carrying out mess inspections). I built quite a few large kits, Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat, 1/48 YF-12A and the 1/350 USS Enterprise. For something different I built the Airfix HMS Victory. Now, 25 odd years later, on a visit to my Dads down in Dorset I find he still has it out on display. It needs a bit of a dust, but after serveral moves, from Yeovilton to Staines, Staines to Sunbury then Sunbury to Ferndown, she still survives.

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

Can remember doing this kit myself as a kid, the supplied rigging pieces were a right pain to get tensioned.

Like your window details, I never could quite manage to get the right finish like that on mine.

WOW! A blast from the past. I also built it as a young lad. Wish I still had mine.

Cheers,

Don

I had one of those, many years ago - a real dust magnet. Back then the ratlines came pre-formed, made of some kind of waxed thread. With the current version it appears you have to make your own - the parts of a jig are included and you have to follow some fiendishly complicated directions with a spool of thread then coat the result with Clearfix.

See section 16 of the instruction book here! HMS Victory :yikes:

Still find bit of this kit scattered around my mom's garden from the one i built in the seventies and then used for target practice with the old air rifle :mg: