F-14 Tomcat STGB

How about donating the patches as a prize?

but it's one way of bribing your head to go easy on you :)

Well thanks..... :confused:

I will donate the patches as a prize!

The Tomcat patches and the Carrier patches. The carrier ones witch has had the Tomcat onboard:-)

Where to send them???

"Hi Kev. I am afraid I am going to have to give this GB a miss, so could you remove my name from the list.

Good luck,

Steve"

:o

:undecided:

:weep:

:badmood:

:mg::boom:rip jacksdad...he was a good guy really, just slipped up once and tried to leave Kev1n's GB.....

anybody else wanna leave?

:fight:

well i wont be leaving and i appreciate your humour, indeed i think i remember you threatening the once to sneak around certain peoples house in the night and shove a baseball bat up our night dresses, how i lolled hard at that haha lol, i have so far picked up the 1/144th revel kit which im impressed with and an old hasegawa kit the old mold but looks very nice and it came with an old mold hase eagle and fox bat too all very nice, particularly like the looks of the foxbat what a beast of a plane that was.

and im probably on the look out for other tomcats, as i wanna do a whiff and a real one,

thanks alot for the info, i know very little about other airforces than the raf, and i take it vf- what ever is like sqn numbers ?

Exactly: the designation includes the main task (F for fighter, attack squadrons are VA and so on) while the V is something dating to many years ago ! V stands for heavier, meaning heavier than air, therefore aeroplanes, to differentiate them from balloons and airships. Helicopter squadrons use H

For a while the squadrons were numbered according to the air wing. For example VF-213 was the 3rd squadron in Carrier Air Wing 21, and so on. Then this use disappeared sometime in the '50s.

Another tradition typical of USN squadrons is that each squadron within the air wing has a different colour: from the first squadron they are red, yellow, medium blue, orange, green and then others if required. This colour is so linked to the so called modex number: if a plane is numbered 302, it means it's part of the 3rd squadron in the wing and this carries medium blue trim. Or better, carried, as with the introduction of the tactical paint scheme there've have been no colour trims for many years. Tomcats were always in the 1xx or 2xx range, being fighters.

The famous CAG planes, that still carry colourful markings today, are aircrafts that are assigned to the commander of the air wing, as such they carry the colour trims of all the squadrons, so carry all the colours I mentioned.

Ci sono anch'iooo!!!

Please count on me! I'm currently studying a big project build for the Tomcat starting from the HB kit in 48th scale!

ciao

Ale

Cool, another milanese joins ! :speak_cool:

Ale85 - welcome to the Anytime Baby GB :)

Rob - I havbe NEVER threatened, implied, suggested, stated, or otherwise given rise to the idea that I would sneak round to sombody's house and shove a baseball bat up thier nightdress......

I DID say that I would come round (no sneaking) and stick a Bat up their nightdress

as in one of these -

Batty1.gif

but a baseball bat?

Never.......

Ale85 - welcome to the Anytime Baby GB :)

Rob - I havbe NEVER threatened, implied, suggested, stated, or otherwise given rise to the idea that I would sneak round to sombody's house and shove a baseball bat up thier nightdress......

I DID say that I would come round (no sneaking) and stick a Bat up their nightdress

as in one of these -

Batty1.gif

but a baseball bat?

Never.......

Hi kev woops i must have miss read that, no offence ment as i was quoting you as saying that in jest, and if you had have said that i would have found it very funny, i often misread things being dyslexic and indeed it can be funny, once i misread the side of a building in cheltenham that on the side in huge letters had painted "the cheltenham shopfitting company", i thought it said "the cheltenham shopliffting company"

hope i didnt offend you bud was all ment in good humour,.

and on top of that the vision of someone sneaking up on a fellow modelmaker and seeing the reaction on there face whist relaxed sticking a part of the model they are makeing together, and watching that deep in thought relaxed face change when a long cold baseball bat is introduced under their dressing gown is very funny, to me if no one else,

all the best rob

dw mate - I know how you meant it :)

have to admit I'm seriously curious about a company with a big office block that has a shoplifting product though........

dw mate - I know how you meant it :)

have to admit I'm seriously curious about a company with a big office block that has a shoplifting product though........

ah thats cool, somtimes its a downfall of bare text that meanings can be lost due to lack of body language and emotion, something that i find a problem as i think pheoneticly and hear my voice in my head as i type, trouble is others dont always read it that way.

yes the shopliffing shop was an interesting one, and on the theme of bats up nightdresses, and pranks of that nature. once me and my musician mates of the past were recording an album in yorkshire it was a week of alchohol and english breakfast fueled mayhem and some musical stuff in betwean, one night the trombonist found a dead sheep, (this is after about 5 days of this madness) whist drunk he and a few others dragged the sheep back to the hotel and put it in the bed of the man running the show, (also drunk) the man running the show went to sleep in a drunken state and was woken up by said trombonist by him playing the trombone in his ear (bad enough when your hung over) to then find himself waking up cuddling a dead sheep in his bed. how i laughed at that one, i dont remember alot of that week from my youth i dont even remember the music we played but i remember the sheep in the bed, and i guess that poor guy had many "sheepless" nights after wards in two sences of the word "sheepless"

cheers rob hope you found that funny

Ale85 and Thys duly added...welcome to the Carrier deck :)

Kev1n

Arpie

Robw UK

wellzy

Giorgio N

Shiloh

mrvr6

Jasonb13

Deon

Happy Martian

DaveJL

Antony Robertson

Jabba

Alpha Delta 210

Hythe

muller

conehead

moofles

F32

Dermo245

AndyC

Robert

Saintsphil

Bandwagon 106

RNoAF Aerobatic...

sd01822

Parabat

Irishgreek

Metallicus

TonyGol

PhartycrOc

Navy Bird

arnobiz

omegaman

Kiwiboy

Goose

Charlie

Tim T

Andymullen

M4rk

Zhaith

Rabspat

Robvulcan

Sabre Days

Jenshb (if he finishes it )

Ale85

Thys

Possibly theplasticsurgeon

I'd like to join in on this GB if I may. I'd be in with an Academy 1/48 Bombcat to be done with OOB VF-154 "Black Knights" decals.

The kit has been started but very little has been done so far. The only work done is the weapons and cockpit pieces cut from the sprues, the wing halves joined, and the JDAMs and GBU-24's have been assembled and painted with the base colour.

Wayne

Not long now...... yey!!!! :yahoo:

Are you guys willing to share your plans? Or are the kept close to your heart?

I am going to build a 1/48 VF-31 "Tomcatters" from 2006. Not yet sure if it will be one of AJ-100 thru AJ-103 or AJ-111 "Christine"

If time willing I will make a 1/72 one of VF-31 aswell....

I have a few things for Tomcats lying around if someone might need the bits....

Edited by RNoAF Aerobatic Team