F-14 Tomcat STGB

seems like the Japanese kits are the way to go......trouble is you need to be a multi-millionaire to buy them :(

Not necessarily true folk, not necessarily true.... look around for second hand stuff ! I just bought a few weeks ago two hasegawa new tool 1/72 tomcats for the princely sum of 28 Euro. I mean 28 for both ! That's £23 for 2 kits.

The "atlantic FS" F-14A box (one of the first released of the new tool) can be found around relatively cheap, other limited edition boxes are usually more expensive, although I bought the VF-154 history box for 20 euro from the stall of a shop at a model show.

Of course the result of all this is that I now have plenty of choices for tomcats, so count me in for the GB !

• 3 weeks later...

welcome :)

as I said somewhere I did find a Hasagawa cat for £5 at the Hendon show so it can be done

Kev1n

Jacksdad64

Arpie

Robw UK

Daz Greenwood

wellzy

Giorgio N

Shiloh

mrvr6

Jasonb13

Deon

Happy Martian

DaveJL

Antony Robertson

Jabba

Alpha Delta 210

Hythe

muller

18 and hopefully counting :)

Edited by kev1n

• 2 weeks later...

ah fudge it im in, unless on deployment, managed to get a hase F-14A new tool for £15, currently hunting out a fujimi one so i can have the black bunny aswell....

i feel the need....the need...for speed.

whats the general view on the fujimi F-14A VF-114 Aardvarks USN boxing? any good.

Hunting was good, managed to bag myself a Hase F-14A atlantic fleet sqn (recessed panel line one) and a fujimi F-14A tomcat vf-114 aardvarks usn and SAM publications F-14 modellers datafile all for £42 including posting. not a bad result.

Edited by Moofles

Aye - count me in too - will almost certainly be the Revell F-14D in something slightly grey but with a dash of colour. I've enjoyed the Tornado STGB, so what the hell? Can't wait to start!

Andy

Just found these from the last GB I took part in over on ARC

F14GB_008.jpg

F14GB_010.jpg

It was a bit longer at 6 months, but I only took 5 months to build these.

Here is my potential build list for this one.

F14A_VF014_AJ200_162698_001.jpg

F14A_VF111_NL200_161621_001.jpg

F14A_VF154_NF100_161272_001.jpg

F14A_VF154_NF100_161621_001.jpg

F14A_VF154_NF100_161866_001.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Just found these from the last GB I took part in over on ARC

F14GB_008.jpg

F14GB_010.jpg

It was a bit longer at 6 months, but I only took 5 months to build these.

Here is my potential build list for this one.

All those lovely 'Cats in 5 months......if there is a religion of the Tomcat build, surely Andy Mullen is GOD!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll sign my self up for this one!

I've not got a single Cat in the stash, so better rectify that sharpish!

Not sure I dare ask this but...what's the best kit in 1/72? Probably an A variant but a Bombcat could also be interesting....or maybe both!

Phil

in 1/72 it was discussed earlier but its a toss up between Hasegawas and Fujimi, for a F-14A it seems the Fujimi one just has it over the Hasegawa one, and for a F-14D Hase has its, both kits are very very similar, Hasegawa has the benefit of riverts and a few more panel lines on the wings.

if i can get the spare room painted in time (the ban on me buying more kits ends when that is done... pencilled in for October) then I may try this one (Tomcat fits neatly in to my USN ted stash building programme)...... so not sure what as yet 0- will see what ebay has (or what Santa can be persuaded to get me).....

updated hit list -

Kev1n

Jacksdad64

Arpie

Robw UK

Daz Greenwood

wellzy

Giorgio N

Shiloh

mrvr6

Jasonb13

Deon

Happy Martian

DaveJL

Antony Robertson

Jabba

Alpha Delta 210

Hythe

muller

conehead

moofles

F32

Dermo245

AndyC

Robert

Saintsphil

25 and still counting - maybe 2 more to add.....get in here guys n gals :)

Edited by kev1n

• 3 weeks later...