Locomotive or Railway GB ?

This idea has come out of the volume of support I've had with my BR loco build in the Out Of Box GB currently running. The idea is simply to build a kit related to the railways, the only physical requirement being that it must run on rails. Scale, Country of Origin and type are all open and by keeping it open to anything related to railways and not just locomotives allows the armour folks to join in (can a 1/35 Dora be built in a GB timescale ?:analintruder: )

Any thoughts and is anyone interested ?

Interested so Far:

HappyMartian

Bexxy

Cuprar

Daz Greenwood

Shar2

Darius

RichEllis

Arpie

AndrewE

wkennerley

GlenT

Obi-Jiff

CPNGroats

worm

Edited by Happy Martian

I could be up for this would a couple of Leopold railway guns be ok?

Only if they're 1/35 :D

I might be up for this as it would give me an excuse to actually build one or two of my 1/35 rail kits. I don't think I'll be doing the Dora though :analintruder:

Guys, this GB will be as open as it can get. Any scale and any type is okay..... the key phrase to remember is "as long as it runs on rails" !!! Armoured cars, rail guns, coal wagons or even scratchbuilt handcars are acceptable. Special mention will go to any builders of that Dora or an O Gauge Princess Class in brass plate :lol:

Put my name down for this one, I have three Dapol/Airfix kits in the stash and this will be a great incentive to finally build one.

Andrew

Good question Wayne, and one I hadn't put much thought into. I guess it would depend on how much kitbash is involved. If it's from the chassis up then that's fine. If it's simply reworking a coach interior, then it'd have to be looked at on its own merits (is it enough modelling to warrant an entry?).

(is it enough modelling to warrant an entry?).

My kitbashing usually consists of taking an American clerestory carriage, shortening the body and chassis and re-spraying, with some minor other alterations - Possibly not sufficient modelling

A pity the GB is only for run on rails items as this would be good incentive for me to do my scratchbuilt station building. I have started but I am thinking of starting all over again

Cheers

Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

I'd like to put my name down for this. I have a great book all about the Battle of Britain class 92 Squadron which documents its whole life from building to return to service, via scrapyard and restoration. All I need is to buy the Dapol Spamcan kit, and plenty of rust-coloured paint.

I have an ESCI, 1/87 WWII German Loco. I could build for this one. so please add me to the interest group..

Tks,

ggc

Thank you all. That's 14 up so we only need another one to make the GB minimum and we'll also need someone to co-host.

And I acknowledge your point, Wayne. Unfortunately, I had to draw a line on what to accept somewhere. "Railway Related" would open up a can of worms as to what could be accepted. Keeping it to "running on rails" still keeps it widely open and in theme with the original idea without allowing the proverbial kitchen sink.

Edited by Happy Martian

• 3 months later...

I may be up for this, although time is at a premium what with Kids, house and work shifts, I have either an N gauge class 205 Thumper which I am part way through the driving coach (roof clear sides and ends) converting from a Class 207, or I have an Airfix OO gauge City of Truro.

All the best

Chris

• 2 months later...