1:32 Phantom

Hi guys,

Here's tonight's progress:

- 2 of Andy's 9 sprues done! 7 more to go...phew...some interesting boom sticks in there, for future models

- 12 Snake-eyes' re-primed. Andy' Olive drab doesn't match mine unfortunately...a shame.

web.jpg

Can I mix loads, and which is most likely?

- 12x 'fat' dumb bombs + 12 'thin' ones

- 12x 'fat' dumb bombs + 12 snake-eyes

Can I stick my nose in albeit a bit on the late side, but there will almost certainly be a diference between the same colour of paints along with a plethora of other "defects" and wear 'n' tear. Another example could be the yellow band not being the whole way around the circumference of the bomb or completely yellow, I had one such 4.5" Naval HE projectile in my collection, but alas was sold in perference to one with better painted markings.

Any combination could be good, the americans sold off a huge amount of bomb casings for scrap and then had a shortage once the Vietnam war kicked off, meaning that at one stage aircraft that could carry 20+ bombs were flying with one or two, you'd have thought it better to load one bird and lessen the risk to others. But as long as one type of bomb was to be kept on a Mer/Ter there shouldn't have been an issue. However with such a large load it would be very likely that a couple or all of the sparrows were left off. Hope this helps.

Edited by Mick Modeller

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been a long time! Where did the summer go???

My big news is, that' I'm relocating to Switzerland! And I only have 5 weeks in which to do it, before my new job starts. So I have to clear the backlog, because I won't have the space in my new flat in Untaregri...my parents have agreed to look after the stash, and the completed ones...but not the in progress ones. So I now have a mad rush to complete anything outstanding!

So the easiest was to finished this one...and here it is, on it's new stand on "the cool wall"!

More detailed picks as and when I can manage.

web.jpg

web.jpg