Box?..opened ..and out popped ....Signifer 1/48 Widgeon......

The box that holds the box that is the subject of my out the box build has only just been boxed up and sent by "Box Force" so when the box that has the box with my out the box box in it arrives I will take a photo with my box brownie of the box with the out the box box in it ...so you can all see what is in the box ....

Regards Trevor ... :D

Edited by sunshine coast

The box with lots of other boxes in arrived ,and I have chosen this as my "OOB" build...

5640132677_d6cf1f7967_o.jpg

in said box.......

5640705166_bd88124f24_o.jpg

a bit of a close up

5640705270_1fcdafdaac_o.jpg

!/48 resin ....will be done in the alternative colours of an USCG machine ....1940s...

due to the extended Easter fun and games.....work will start in a week or so ...

should be fun ...!

Regards Trevor... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Back from a very nice break in Scotland ....and now to attack the kit ..!!

Starting by trimming and cleaning up the resin parts ....all are very well moulded with fine detail ...the wing and engines are a beautiful one piece casting with no work to do at all... B)

the main body cleaned up easily and the hull is good ....but :o ...the fit of the hull to the main body is miles out ...resulting in a small blizzard of resin trimmings on the floor....luckily the resin is not so hard and I am able to carve away to get a reasonable fit ...I think this might be a kit of mixed emotions ... :devil::wub:

My camera batteries in the shop seem to have gone on holiday too so I shall post up some progress pictures tomorrow ..

Regards Trevor.. :D

Camera recharged...

showing very good detail on the base of the floor and internal cabin...but also some of the removal work !!

5689833698_b32078fbcd_z.jpg

Now the "fit" of the floor to the body.... :( ...and this is after getting rid of a lot of resin ..... :mg:

5689259761_9cf41a8300_z.jpg

and the contrast to the beautiful one piece mould of the wings and engines ....this is how it came OOB...!

5689260183_a4e55aeb84_z.jpg

I think most of todays spare time will be trying to get a reasonable fit for the floor to body and clean up the interior details ..

Regards Trevor ... :D

work slowly progressing on this project....

the smaller resin parts,ready to be removed cleaned up and painted....

5695765185_a2dc75b5cd_z.jpg

the main body with some bits added and part painted ....as there is no internal painting instructions in the kit I asked for some help in the WW2 area....and thanks to Jimmass...in the USA,I had an answer in half an hour ....just shows how amazing the interwebbythingy is.....probably would have taken months for that answer,if at all, in the good old days ...

5695765597_1112e02290_z.jpg

Have done some more internal bits this afternoon and will post some more pictures soon ...

Regards Trevor.... :D

Some more work done on the interior .....

also a bit of a dilemma ??? there is one strip of resin castings missing from the kit ...for the radio bench seat and rear cabin seat....so do I scratchbuild + some bits from spares box,or just leave them missing ..as it is an "OOB" build ?????

any thoughts chaps ?

5712130615_7037558b97_z.jpg

5712692142_d4576cc2aa_z.jpg

5712130727_af8c877d00_z.jpg

cockpit and instruments viewed from below..not a common view !!

5712130837_d6b05b8a40_z.jpg

Regards Trevor .... :D