My contribution

• 3 weeks later...
Finally i've been working on the canopy, and came up with an ingenious idea for reproducing the MDC cord, only to see some other bugger post it on their build!!

Cheers now

Bob

:P

You snooze, you lose......... :analintruder:

Great minds think alike mate ^_^

Seriously though Bob, stellar work on this build. Thanks for answering a question for me. I wondered what the doors aft of the JFS exhaust were for. Thought it might have been some kind of pop-up ray gun or something......

This is a very ambitious project that is turning out beautifully. I'm staying glued to this thread for the remainder of the build. :thumbsup2:

:hobbyhorse:

Bob, you've got to talk to the CSM guys to see if you can get this into our display in C3 hangar (the FRADU base) on the 20th. I don't know if you've joined the club yet, but they'll be setting up the stand on the afternoon of the 19th and I can't imagine your contribution will be turned away ('specially if we might recruit a new member!). At 5 x 15 metres you won't miss the display area.

I don't think you'll see me, I'm still lurching around like an extra in Pirates of the Caribbean, but I've been sorting things out all along with the organisers and we should have another great PR display with about a dozen guys in attendance all day.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Bob, you've got to talk to the CSM guys to see if you can get this into our display in C3 hangar (the FRADU base) on the 20th. I don't know if you've joined the club yet, but they'll be setting up the stand on the afternoon of the 19th and I can't imagine your contribution will be turned away ('specially if we might recruit a new member!). At 5 x 15 metres you won't miss the display area.

I don't think you'll see me, I'm still lurching around like an extra in Pirates of the Caribbean, but I've been sorting things out all along with the organisers and we should have another great PR display with about a dozen guys in attendance all day.

Regards

Hi Dave,

I did have the intention of having this done and displayed on airway in one way or another, unfortunately it has stalled slightly and I am on a 3 week course, missing airday. It's a bit of a shame because I don't get much chance to show my wares. I'm sure the CSM table will do very well, having seen last years, any improvement would be spectacular.

Cheers now

Bob

Ps I have about 10 days post course to get this into a position where I can call it done. So it's not all a lost cause :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all,

Well sadly I am going to have to knock this one on the head. I have just run out of time. I'm leaving the navy at the end of the year, moving to Canada and also starting to look for a new job and to top it all I'm off on holiday tomorrow so I have done all I can. At least by doing it in a stripped condition I can claim at any point that I have finished and I suppose I could but there is so much more that I want to do. So for this Group Build it is done but I shall tinker some more over the next few months. I think I bit off more than I could chew in a short time scale but I had fun doing it. so here she is!!!!!

XX157 FRADU RNAS Culdrose, in splendid 100th anniversary livery, in a stripped down condition for a Primary Package

Enjoy!

005-9.jpg

006-9.jpg

007-8.jpg

009-5.jpg

010-7.jpg

011-4.jpg

012-6.jpg

013-4.jpg

A view of the nose bay with the nose door removed for access :whistle:

014-4.jpg

The rear end is no where near done, I have alot more detailing to do inside the rear fuselage

008-7.jpg

Cheers now and thanks for looking

Bob

Everything you've done so far is stunning Bob. I hope you get it finished sometime soon and are able to share it with us. Good luck with all the changes you are making to your life as well.