Air Force of Zimbabwe Hawk T.60

wkennerley

Here is my build, a 1/72 Airfix kit built to represent an Air Force of Zimbabwe hawk T.60 - Thanks to Jaffa for the decals. I will probably do aircraft 600.

If anyone has any photos of AFZ Hawks I would be grateful for a look at them

Thanks

Wayne

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

Edited by wkennerley

Nice, but your decals say 1/48 and your kit is 1/72 :blink:

oops had not noticed that, however they look way too small in the flesh for 1/48, will check (checked and they are not 1/48)

Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

Your cockpit is not bent, that's the way Airfix made it!

The front and rear cockpit floors run almost parallel with each other on the real aircraft.

Sean

Edited by Sundown

Hi All, I see the AFZ hawk has a gun pod under the fuselage - There is something similar in the kit but its not got a barrel - Is this the right shape for a gun pod? I could then just add a gun barrel to it - Or does someone make a 1/72 Hawk gun pod?

Thanks

wayne

Hi Wayne

The smoke pod and gun pod are different in shape so I guess it depends on how accurate you want it to be? The Red Arrows boxing does not feature the weapons sprue present in the MK1A/51 kit, this includes the gun pod. I think I may have one of those spare at home, PM me if you're interested and I'll have a look.

Happy Easter!

Sean

Edited by Sundown

Hi All - Does anyone know any possible paint colours that match or are close to the following please - Looking mainly for Revell or Humbrol but I will try other makes if closer to the colours - Ta Wayne

ICI 407-1913 matt green

ICI 407-1914 matt brown

BS 381C:627 light aircraft grey

Hi All - Does anyone know any possible paint colours that match or are close to the following please - Looking mainly for Revell or Humbrol but I will try other makes if closer to the colours - Ta Wayne

ICI 407-1913 matt green

ICI 407-1914 matt brown

BS 381C:627 light aircraft grey

Wayne

If you use standard RAF dark green, dark earth and, err, light aircraft grey you won't be far off. The brown might need darkening slightly for a better match.

Some pictures for you but you always have to be careful of photo development processes and the settings on your monitor when viewing a digital image.

MR1006.jpg

3395341908_e84e2ee518.jpg

BAe-Hawk-Mk.60A_AFZ-611.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been over two weeks since I last worked on the Hawk, have now sprayed both camo colours, the green has gone a little wrong as it was too thin. Will sort it out over the weekend hopefully

Wayne

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

Looking sweet.

How did you tackle the band on the canopy? I tried one way and it worked but not entirely successful.

Chris

Hi Chris

I masked it and sprayed it on the outside, probably not entirely right but it looks OK it is a bit off line though

Wayne