RetroSF 1/72 Cloud City Aircar

My offering for this GB will be the RetroSF 1/72 Cloud City Aircar. One of the lesser known Star Wars vehicles, it appeared in "The Empire Strikes Back".

Box shot.

IMG_0039.jpg

The kit is a 21 piece resin affair made by RetroSF who also produce a 1/72 Snowspeeder as well as some detail sets for the FM Star Wars kits.

21 resin parts.

IMG_0041.jpg

I have a Williams FW11b and a Spitfire to finish before I start on this but who knows!!

Cheers,

Andy,

I know what you mean about temptation! The Tie-fighter interior is new and looks very tasty, I have an interceptor in the stash so may have to part with some cash! The snowspeeder also looks good.

As for the Cloud City Aircar it is a nice little kit, plenty of prep work as there are a few bubbles in the resin plus the lower body sections are a little warped but nothing a soak in warm water shouldn't sort out.

Cheers,

Since joining this forum I have seen more and more Star Wars models that I never knew existed what a shame so many great models and so little spare time to build them. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Graham

I've just had a peek at their website, things could get expensive!!

Antony

Things have already got more expensive for me as I have just ordered the 1/48 Tie fighter and the 1/144 Millennium Falcon that I didn't know existed up to now. I just hope I can sneak them past SWMBO (see elsewhere for more on this topic). Can I really justify getting some resin extras for such fine kits? Hmmm....

Andy

• 1 month later...

My sincere apologies as it looks like I won't be starting this build never mind finishing it before the GB finishes.

A combination of moving house, losing a business, dealing with administrators and starting a new job have all eaten away at time. I also committed to a couple of other GBs which I have started on so need to concentrate on those.

Might leave this for the TV & Film GB, unless we have s Star Wars GB before then!

Cheers, and apologies again.

My sincere apologies as it looks like I won't be starting this build never mind finishing it before the GB finishes.

A combination of moving house, losing a business, dealing with administrators and starting a new job have all eaten away at time. I also committed to a couple of other GBs which I have started on so need to concentrate on those.

Might leave this for the TV & Film GB, unless we have s Star Wars GB before then!

Cheers, and apologies again.

Has anyone suggested a Star Wars GB? or shall i start a thread?

Antony

• 2 weeks later...