1:35 Austin Tilly Diorama

I seemed to have a run on building Tillys recently (still got a 1:48 Tamiya Austin Tilly in the stash!) what with the Standard Tilly from Accurate Armour I finished last week (Thread Here) but this is my first Tilly effort which was built for a Group Build project over at the Scale Models forum.

Picture the scene: France late summer 1944. A Supply driver passes a seemingly abandoned farm and sees some goodies, so helps himself and then has to make a run for it as the farm's guardian makes chase...

DSCF3754.JPG

DSCF3755.JPG

DSCF3749.JPG

DSCF3751.JPG

DSCF3752.JPG

DSCF3756.JPG

This was my first attempt at a realistic landscape and I must admit to really enjoying building it, using all the different materials.

Sadly the camera flash makes the Alsatian's coat go all shiny even though its been matted down. Its from the Tamiya Livestock set and the moulding isn't all that crisp.

I like your diorama. Were the lads out and about foraging for food...?? Looks like rabbit stew may be on the menu...

Regards,

ggc

The Tamiya instructions give a mix ratio for olive green to khaki but I completely messed that up and ended up over-painting in pure Olive Green which isn't 100% accurate, but there does appear to be some variations according to the tilly register site.

Very nice! Love the load and the rabbits hanging off the side are brilliant!

Intriguing diorama with lots of clever details to discover! And the Tilly is a character in itself.

As Mikey58 also pointed out, the dog looks unrealistically shiny and could probably do with a coat of matt varnish.

Otherwise – top notch!

/Joachim