1:48 Tamiya F-16CJ

Hi Guys,

I'm building this F-16 CJ by Tamiya. My first Tamiya F-16. This kit was given to me by Greg B back in January 2008 and only now do I feel I have the skills to do it justice.

Right on with the build, as per the 'rules' the sprue shots :)

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

and on we go....

Edited by Mish

WOW!

the intake looks amazing!

how did you do it?

Hi Peri

several coats of Mr Surfacer 1000 with sanding in between using a round sanding stick then one final coat over the seams with Mr Surfacer and run over with a cotton bud soaked in IPA. Once I was happy I seal one end with whitetac and pouring some Tamiya XF-2, swill it around and tip back into the pot. Once dry repeat again until I like the finish. It's a technique that I've Phil Flory uses and I've substituted Mr Softener for thinned filling putty.

Hi Peri

several coats of Mr Surfacer 1000 with sanding in between using a round sanding stick then one final coat over the seams with Mr Surfacer and run over with a cotton bud soaked in IPA. Once I was happy I seal one end with whitetac and pouring some Tamiya XF-2, swill it around and tip back into the pot. Once dry repeat again until I like the finish. It's a technique that I've Phil Flory uses and I've substituted Mr Softener for thinned filling putty.

Top tip. Wish I'd known it before I attempted the Revell 1/48 Eurofighter that is now pretty much at the bottom of the To Finish pile. :crying:

Andy

Looking great so far Mish, I can't get over how reclined that seat is, talked about relaxing while flying! And the intake looks superb, like it was molded in one piece....

I envy you your white finish to the wheel wells. Is it sprayed? I've had a lot of fun ( by which I mean, not much fun at all ) today, brush painting gloss white onto my wheel wells and undercarriage, and I'm still not happy with the result. I've been wondering all day if it would be easier to brush paint matt white and then put a gloss coat onto it! I don't have any white matt though so I soldier on... :) Some weathering should dirty it up a little and hide the fact that isn't even...

J.

No, sorry (counting the box) the sixth picture on the first post...looks like a screwdriver possibly?

Hi ! That's exactly what it is, a screwdriver, quite useful when assembling some of the bits that do in fact screw together !!