Can I join, with a RQ-4 Global Hawk

Hi

Can I play? Ive been looking for an excuse to build this for a while, and seeing as I only ever really do out the box building, Id like to sign up. I have no idea what the kit is like to build, and I dont really like UAV's normally, but this one is way cool!

DSCF1144.jpg

DSCF1145.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Edited by tim dix

Cool.

Well, it seems like a good kit, and no cockpit to fuss over, whoop! I sprayed the inside of the engine intake white, and stuck it in the the main body , along with the exhaust outlet. The fit here is great, and the moulding very well thought out, as there is no line to sand out, down the intake.

011-18.jpg

I then stuck the fuselage halves together, but when dry fitting the bottom section, it was apparant that I would need a couple of spreader bars to keep the join as smooth as possible. I also had to add some thin, stretched sprue into the gaps, to the rear of the fuselage, as im not allowed to use any filler. As it goes, I prefer this trick, for biggish gaps anyway.

012-18.jpg

I have sprayed the top half of the wings white, and the rest of the fuselage grey.

DSCF1149.jpg

I will update again a bit later.

Hope your builds are going well.

Tim

It's looking great so far, quick progress!

As I understand it, you are allowed use Filler, the OOB really means no aftermarket stuff. If it was strictly OOB with nothing at all added, then I wouldn't be able to glue or paint mine! :)

J.

It's looking great so far, quick progress!

As I understand it, you are allowed use Filler, the OOB really means no aftermarket stuff. If it was strictly OOB with nothing at all added, then I wouldn't be able to glue or paint mine! :)

J.

DOH!

Quick update, man this thing is rolling along.

Ok, wings are on, there is supposed to be a clever internal brace thing inside the fuselage, which i guess is to support them (they are very long!) but as soon as I popped them in their slot, the brace popped off, hmmm. Nevermind, its only going to end up stuck in the loft anyway, so by the time they fall off, it will more than likely be from the weight of the dust!!

DSCF1152.jpg

DSCF1154.jpg

DSCF1156.jpg

DSCF1157.jpg

I will try and get the decals on later.

CHeers

Tim

Well, this being off sick malarky is good, ive actually finished a kit!

I have decalled it, tidied up the intake, and done a bit of weathering.

Hope you like it, I know its a bit of a cheat of a kit, but I enjoyed it!!

DSCF1179.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

DSCF1173.jpg

and for comparisson for size, this it against a U-2S

DSCF1187.jpg

DSCF1183.jpg

DSCF1191.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Edited by tim dix

It looks great, well done! I was wondering why the Completed Builds Thread appeared, and now I know!

Probably a silly question, but it's the same scale as the U-2? And there was me thinking that unmanned craft were smaller. Is anyone else reminded of the Alien in the movie of the same name when they look at the front of the aircraft? :speak_cool:

J.

It looks great, well done! I was wondering why the Completed Builds Thread appeared, and now I know!

Probably a silly question, but it's the same scale as the U-2? And there was me thinking that unmanned craft were smaller. Is anyone else reminded of the Alien in the movie of the same name when they look at the front of the aircraft? :speak_cool:

J.

Thanks mate. Yes, thety are both 1/72. I remember seeing one at RIAT, it is massive!!

And I toyed with the idea of doing an alien head and mouth on it as nose art!! I may still do it.

Thanks

Tim

Thanks mate. Yes, thety are both 1/72. I remember seeing one at RIAT, it is massive!!

And I toyed with the idea of doing an alien head and mouth on it as nose art!! I may still do it.

Thanks

Tim

Of course, you could get one of these MQ-1 Predator and display them head to head as AVP (sorry, I couldn't resist it).

Congrats on the first completed build. It's going to be a very interesting gallery.

Andy