Ford Transit Carlyle MiniBuzz

Well, I managed to secure some of the resin bits off Neil, and very nice they are too! Anyway this is what Im aiming for but Im doing a longer 20 seat version, but same livery,

4846221280_0420268601_b.jpg

Made a bit of a start, a plan was drawen up showing the dimensions to scale, see under the model! Anyway the piccys,

chasewater031.jpg

chasewater032.jpg

I have chopped it down to just the bonnet and wings, dash is in place and I have glued together as its the base for the whole build!

I will be chopping the chassis behind the step, enlarging the pass entrance one do enable bus style doors. I will cut a thick plasticard floor and build a chassis under, and the body on top.

chasewater033.jpg

Last pic shows how much longer the bus will be....

• Like 1

Hi Rich

Nice to see your Transit hit the workbench. Looks like you have a few challenges ahead of you. I am looking forward to seeing how you tackle that massive curved wind screen and the roof.

Will be watching close as I tend to avoid vehicles with loads of curves. Wimp or what ?????

A Transit group build in the making after all !!!!! Come on folks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bring out your vans !!!!!!

Nige

• 11 years later...
On 14/04/2011 at 22:02, Okdoky said:

I am looking forward to seeing how you tackle that massive curved wind screen and the roof.

Recall reading it was the standard windscreen that came with the chassis cab unit turned upside down.

2 hours ago, Circloy said:

Recall reading it was the standard windscreen that came with the chassis cab unit turned upside down.

It’s not, it’s taller and wider. This ended up in the bin some years ago and not re-visited until I can work the windscreen conundrum out.

do have a few italeri kits in stock now and that wasn’t an option back 11 (😱😱😱😱😱) years ago

• Sad 1

Well I've started mine, bought a full completed van off ebay for £10, stripped it down and cut out 1 side, as for the windscreen an old cd case, warmed and them bent over a former would probably be ok for the windscreen, I just need to find some wheels to fit now, any ideas guys??

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 10:33 PM, crosvillesales said:

Well I've started mine, bought a full completed van off ebay for £10, stripped it down and cut out 1 side, as for the windscreen an old cd case, warmed and them bent over a former would probably be ok for the windscreen, I just need to find some wheels to fit now, any ideas guys??

Try Motorbitz for the wheels and tyres.