Question about RF-4E slats

Dndieje

Hello all,

last weekend I picked up a Hasegawa RF-4E cheap.

It's probably going to be a Greek one (have nice decals for it) and I would like do drop the slats.

If I remember correctly the RF-4E uses a F-4D wing and the slats don't seem to extend but rather flip down.

Does anybody have any clear illustration as to how this works ?

I just can't work this out looking at the panel lines compared to photographs.

If it's too much hassle I'll just leave it but would still like to have a stab at it.

Many thanks in advance.

according to the description the kit is for RF-4E slats and flaps. look at post 4 on ARC

AFAIK, no RF-4s were built with slats (or maybe just the last few airframes for Israel??). They all had the so-called "hard" wing with just the hinged l/e flaps

the wolf pack design resin is for that exact wing configuration

here

Edited by c.smith10

Hi, all

To my knowledge, all "hard" wing Phantoms have the usual take off and landing leading edge slats (flaps?) in the center section of the wing in addition to the trailing edge flaps. The "slatted wing" makes reference to the "combat slats" introduced to the outer wing on F-4Es' production run. All the RFs are "hard winged", exception made of the eight from the Greek original order, which are the only RFs with "combat slats" (not the ones coming from BundesLuftwaffe, that is; serials escape from me now).

Therefore, any set for dropping the slats in a "hard" wing (probably a "hard, bulged" wing?) will do. One designed for the C/D will be just fine.

Edited by Fernando