Oh Dear what have I done??!! Airfix Vulcan!!!

AnonymousER99

Just got my first of two in the mail yesterday and WOW!! shes an oldie!! Original Airfix boxing with an Airfix "Club" advertisement inside!

I dry fitted the fuselage halves and holy warpage Batman!! Looks like the scribing tool will get a workout as well.

Question is, are there any decals other than Airfix's?? Mine are trashed!!

This will be a fun build right before I tackle the Mach 2 Valiant I have inbound!!

Mike

Guess maybe I should learn to scroll down the forums more eh Bex?? Muchas Gracias with the help. PM inbound to Colin now.

Mike

:evil_laugh:

Glad I could help, and its easy done, Im still finding me feet round these ere parts.

Bex

Hi Mike

Colins very nice set only covers camo schemes so you can't do an All White one.

Modeldecal set 70 covers White schemes + need for donor kit decals/stencils.

Modeldecal set 71 covers Camo schemes + again need to use donor kit decals/stencils.

Other option is with Airfix about to re-release this big beast the decal sheets should be available to obtain quite soon if not already as a spare!

Try www.airfix.com.

I like many have had good service from their spares Dept. Though as yet not under the Hornby Flag.

HTH

Adrian

Hi Mike

Colins very nice set only covers camo schemes so you can't do an All White one.

Modeldecal set 70 covers White schemes + need for donor kit decals/stencils.

Modeldecal set 71 covers Camo schemes + again need to use donor kit decals/stencils.

Other option is with Airfix about to re-release this big beast the decal sheets should be available to obtain quite soon if not already as a spare!

Try www.airfix.com.

I like many have had good service from their spares Dept. Though as yet not under the Hornby Flag.

HTH

Adrian

Adrian

I may have to dig up those ModelDecal sheets. Any suggestions as to where to get them??

Thanks a million for the info!!

Mike

...Hornby Flag...

:angrysoapbox.sml: Tried to get my missing Jaguar fuselage half from them a month ago. Nothing but a short email that they're trying to get an overview of the Airfix stock and than they would send my part. No question about my addy, no answer to my following mails.

Man, why didn't I take your offer Mike :wall: By the way...I hope you don't kill me but I didn't send the Phantom yet. Our baby girl is having some trouble...thank God nothing really serious...and I found the wall next to my workbench mould-infested (is that the right phrase for that ugly black crap on clammy walls?) :o

Had to fight with the property management today so they get it fixed ASAP. I hope the guy will show up tomorrow morning.

Sorry again Mike!!! I will try to ship the kit on Thursday.

No sweat Alex as the Bucc has not left yet either. Would you like a replacement Jag fuse put in the box?? left or right??

Also, my 7 month old has been rough on us the last couple of days too. Hopefully nothing serious but we will know more tomorrow after we see the doc.

Yep, sounds like a Mould problem. Get it straight before everyone gets ill. It can be pretty dangerous.

Let me know on the Jag my friend.

Mike

I have some parts of my old Modeldecal sheets left. I'll dig them out for you.

you are a gem Paul!! Jus bring em down when we go to Pima!!

Cheers

Mike

Mike

you may have to keep an eye on e-vil bay (worldwide) they do come up now and again and I have bought a set or two in the past 6 mths.

Camo and White.

However due to their scarcity nowadays be prepared to pay over the odds.

If you have not had/seen these decals before? they are very good and were a leader in their time for subject mater alone.

Adrian

Also, my 7 month old has been rough on us the last couple of days too. Hopefully nothing serious but we will know more tomorrow after we see the doc.

Hope he's OK. Robin's been home the last couple of days with a virus - temp, headache, vomiting.......she's better now .....

Hi Mike and Paul,

I hope your sweethearts are doing good!!!!

We were shocked when the doc said that Maya has neurodermatitis. But thank God now it looks like it's "only" an irritation of the skin. One thing "we" have to do now is that my wife has to watch what she's eating...glad I don't have to do that ;)

Mike, please keep the Bucc with you a couple more days. I ordered the fuselage half at modelsforsale.com and Vince told me that they sent the part on the 5th. I had it a couple of times that stuff sent from the UK took a while to get here but two weeks...I hope it will get here this week. If not Mike I would take your offer.

Have a nice day guys!

Alex

Hi Mike and Paul,

I hope your sweethearts are doing good!!!!

We were shocked when the doc said that Maya has neurodermatitis. But thank God now it looks like it's "only" an irritation of the skin. One thing "we" have to do now is that my wife has to watch what she's eating...glad I don't have to do that ;)

Alex

Without taking this thread too far off topic, Alex, I hope Maya is OK. Robin has had skin problems bsically since birth, multiple allergies and a bout of HSP......... I would highly recommend a trip to the docs for some allergy testing, if only for your peace of mind. Knowledge is power.

Paul

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.......

Adrian

I may have to dig up those ModelDecal sheets. Any suggestions as to where to get them??

Thanks a million for the info!!

Mike

Eye up Mike.

I have both the white and camo sheets if you are still looking.

I dont think I'll be bulding one anytime soon, so if it helps, I can send you the sheets, you take your pick of the available schemes, and when your done send them back.

You never know, someone else may be looking for them too.

Cheers.

Chris.