MDC 1/32 Tempest....

Vinegaroon3

Anyone have any information of the status of the MDC Tempest? I know people have been saying it was "just around the corner..." since 2007 at least, and I have actually seen photos of some of the main parts a couple years ago. I just can't believe it is still not on the market.

I know their Typhoon has sold well, so why not? Have they shelved the Tempest project for some reason?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting for a Tempest from MDC since the Typhoon came out, if I remember correctly there was some parts on their stand at Telford years ago, but it seems to have vanished.

Cheers

Den

I've been waiting for a Tempest from MDC since the Typhoon came out, if I remember correctly there was some parts on their stand at Telford years ago, but it seems to have vanished.

Cheers

Den

That is kind of why I was wondering if anyone knew anything specific. The MDC Tempest has been "just around the corner" for so long (4 years) that I wonder if it is really going to happen at all.

On a larger note, I cannot help wondering why all the kit manufacturers have ignored the Tempest...? You can find all sorts of kits of obscure aircraft, but there has never really been a decent large scale Tempest....unless you consider the Eduard kit. I have not built it but I understand it has some significant problems.

I would really like to see Fisher do a Napier powered Tempest. They have a "sort of" start with their Sea Fury. The wings and landing gear should be a good starting point at least....

Edited by Vinegaroon3