Travel tool kits !

Okdoky

I was asked about my travel boxes of scratchbuilding tools !!!!!!! Here is mine !!!!!! What do you use ??????

Firstly, a plastic biscuit box

DVC06289.jpg

my cutting mat and larger tools including hole punch, metal plate and plumb bob for rolling tin foil flat

DVC06288.jpg

plastic carry out tubs containing two part epoxy resin and a small home made multi hand with croc clips

DVC06292.jpg

DVC06293.jpg

sharps, clamps and set squares

DVC06294.jpg

DVC06295.jpg

mini drills, tweezers, embossing tools rifles

DVC06296.jpg

DVC06297.jpg

circle cutters, folding tools, wire bending, tube cutting

DVC06298.jpg

DVC06299.jpg

larger rifles, files, scribing, embosing and carving tools

DVC06290.jpg

DVC06300.jpg

a selection of fine and course sanding tools

DVC06291.jpg

What you see on the mats fits in the plastic carry out boxes. The four carry out boxes fit nicely with the metal sheet and larger tools in the biscuit box. The biscuit box, the cutting mat, my reference pics, plasticard sheet, strip profiles, wire and two ESCI 1/24 scale 109 Landrover kits, the Monogram Landy and the as built Lightweight Landrover all fit neatly into a plastic box of the type that fits under a bed.

All to keep me sane on my holiday.

Nige

Heck thats a lot of tools, I just chucked a few warhammer paints and misc tools into a small plastic toolbox - And then I didn't get around to any modelling!!

Wayne

I make a point of stealing time for myself on my holidays to do some model building. It can be my most productive time in the whole year. Shows you how daft my schedules are these days.

Hope you're not planning on getting that lot through airport security... :lol:

Hamelldaeme for holidays these days. I have no problems that way as having spent my money on the house extension and with Arron, our latest addition, no money left to go abroad. Dunno what the Police would say with all the lethal weapons in my car. Some of them could even be considered as going equiped for car or house breakins.

Never thought of taking stuff with me away, I go away to relax lol

Radleigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this is my form of relaxation. I can lose my self in contemplation for hours and be nudged by the wife to get me up the next morning having crashed out building into the next day. I only stress when I can't get a chance to model. Ergo, still lots of stress to get rid of !!!!!!! Must get of this PC, get out of bed and nick the caravan table again for some more building. Hopefully in-laws and Karen will take the kids out somewhere and leave me to fettle some plastic.

Nige