Class 9F 92220 Evening Star

I can hold off with the Spam Can for that anyday, gives me time to locate Tangmere plates & numerals as she holds as special place in the hearts of me & my GF, thanks to Tangmere blowing a "fuse" on her first mainline run we met :wub:

Aww, sweet! :kissing2: I've got a Hornby Tangmere, it's a gorgeous model. I'd love to see the real thing running.

Aww, sweet! :kissing2: I've got a Hornby Tangmere, it's a gorgeous model. I'd love to see the real thing running.

We have too Jiffers..... cant imagine why :wub: April 5th 2003, first run from Victoria to Canterbury West, and it went WEST & BANG BIG TIME!!! But, I met Louise on my way home :wub:

Bexy

P.S: Thats the short public version, the private version is much longer & more fun (but clean before you lot start :tease: )

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on this. Time's being shared out with another couple of group builds on other sites so I'm not as progressed as I'd like.

The boiler has been joined and ball bearings are in place to give it some weight. Front has a coat of X-18 Semi-gloss black and the rest is Railmatch BR Loco Green enamel. Annoyingly, the green doesn't work with Humbrol enamel thinners so the first layer went on a bit inconsistently. Piston and gear rods are Alclad Polished Aluminium covered with Alclad Steel to darken it down a touch.

SP_A0184.jpg

SP_A0186.jpg