Hawk GB Welcome and Chat

Mark M

Guys, this is a nightmare! Choices, decisions and you've all left me at the starting line!

So, I'm still up for this but need to know if the followng have been taken.

XX172 St. Athan Station Flight in either the black with red dragon or red/white/blue with black dragon sceme.

XX205 208 Squadron 2009 Display Aircraft

XX261 208 Squadron RAF all black in early 2001

XX157 92 Squadron mid 1990s Grey with blue fin

XX245 FRADU late 1990s all black.

They're the one's that I have decals for and appeal.

Hi Royster,

Sorry, I think I got it wrong. I'm not doing the blue/yellow livery. I'd hoped to do the 2009 aircraft, this one:

BerryVissers-20090430-068.jpg

It's actually XX245 and XX307. Have either of these been taken? And here's XX157...

XX157-1.jpg

Edited by Busdriver

Hi everybody,

I won't participate in this GB, but I have a related question....

A few years back I saw a black RAF Hawk which had a big sailer on starboard vertical.. Could someone pin-point me to which occasion was it painted for, or does it have an official name, decals maybe.... ? :whistle:

Thanks in advance,

splinter

Bumpy .... :whistle:

Bumpy .... :whistle:

not sure which on you mean have you got a photo?

there have been so many scheemes, i would guess you are on about a display scheem for 4fts

like this one (2008 208sqn 4fts display hawk)

67704_800.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the det cord on the 1/48 Italeri kit is raised or recessed? I haven't taken it out of the bag yet. If it is raised, how do you paint it it without making a dogs dinner of it?

well i may have chance to do a build afterall so im going to go for xx342 the EPTS hawk, i may not get it finished but ill try

Edited by markmarples

Hi guys, having spent a while checking who is doing what can anyone confirm whether or not XX261 (Fradu black) and XX260 (Red Arrows) have been taken. I think Bus driver mentioned doing 261 in an earlier post but wondered whether he was as it would be quite neat to have 260 sitting next to 261 on the shelf. If its taken then i'll do XX281 instead as that I think is still free.

Cheers

Graham

For anyone interested I think the following reds are still available XX179, 227, 237, 242, 253, 264, 292 and 308

and FRADU fly Navy 100 scheme XX281 and 337 (assuming XX261 is still free of course)

Getting a bit bored with the builds I'm doing at the moment.. Can I join in with a Dubai Hawk?

go for it mate

Hi guys, having spent a while checking who is doing what can anyone confirm whether or not XX261 (Fradu black) and XX260 (Red Arrows) have been taken. I think Bus driver mentioned doing 261 in an earlier post but wondered whether he was as it would be quite neat to have 260 sitting next to 261 on the shelf. If its taken then i'll do XX281 instead as that I think is still free.

Cheers

Graham

For anyone interested I think the following reds are still available XX179, 227, 237, 242, 253, 264, 292 and 308

and FRADU fly Navy 100 scheme XX281 and 337 (assuming XX261 is still free of course)

graham ive lost track of what people are doing so go for whats good for you, not eeryone has stuck with the plans but who cares

• 3 weeks later...

well chaps there have been some fantastic builds, and there are more in the wingd so a quick reminder that we only have 22 days to go!

also want do we want to do when finished? i guess a poll for the winners, ill find a prize but does anyone else want to donate a prize?

Sorry all, but I'm going to have to bow out of the Hawk Group Build. A multitude of things have got in the way and prevented me from completing my planned build. Things are now just about back on track, but not enough time left to get my entry finished. There's some superb entries in the finished gallery and am gutted my effort won't be joining them. It'll have to next time for me!

Regards all.

Sorry all, but I'm going to have to bow out of the Hawk Group Build. A multitude of things have got in the way and prevented me from completing my planned build. Things are now just about back on track, but not enough time left to get my entry finished. There's some superb entries in the finished gallery and am gutted my effort won't be joining them. It'll have to next time for me!

Regards all.

its a shame mate, but ral life has to come first