Hawk GB Welcome and Chat

Mark M

guys as i said id prefer to go dfor individual serials

Indeedy - so I need Georgio to confirm which airframe he's actually going to do! :)

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Damn I was convinced this kicked off today. Got my dates wrong, I was looking forward to getting stuck in this afternoon too.

I thought it started yesterday (the 16th) as stated in the original thread in future GBs???

So what time are we using GMT? That would be nice because then by the time I get off work tonite it should be the 18th in England? :whistle:

Okay

Can I play too.

I have a couple of Red Arrow Hawks in the loft and I want to build something quickly different from a phantom.

So have kit, and seats waiting, give me a Reds Reg you need building and I'll get one built before the phantom GB

Dave

ok chaps time for clarifications

1 all builds must be 10% or less at time of start so if you start 1hrs earlt you should be ok!

2 if 2 people make the same build who cares it was a nicety to get as many builds in diff serials as we can but if we cant its still a hawk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I won't participate in this GB, but I have a related question....

A few years back I saw a black RAF Hawk which had a big sailer on starboard vertical.. Could someone pin-point me to which occasion was it painted for, or does it have an official name, decals maybe.... ? :whistle:

Thanks in advance,

splinter

I am seriously lagging behind in this one! I think I am waiting for someone to bring out some foreign schemes in 32 scale, then I will tackle the revell beastie. I don't have the enthusiasm to do what I have already done in 72nd, so I now have the urge to do something Swiss or Finnish... come on you decal guys, satisfy my desires :) As and when something appears, I can start!

i know what you mean jason but there are some very nice 1/32 scheems now, check out hanants new ones the one im doing is fab although i havent started it yet

Mark, May I join in too?.......been busy with a house move or two lately, so couldn't commit myself to any serious modelling - but I may just have a go with a red/white/grey and blue 4FTS T1 in 1/72nd....not sure of the serial yet...

As I mentioned before, I'm in with a FRADU Hawk

Seeing as two people are building XX301 and Moaning Dolphin is building XX157 (albeit in 1/32 scale) I think I'm going to build XX159 in the 100th Naval Anniversary markings

Cheers!

John

Hi Mark and Tom,

just as a heads up, will be doing XX262 well before her "remodelling", or if you prefer, early bath!

Cheers for now,

Paul

noted

Cheers, I won't change my mind again now, promise.

On the home straight with my builds now

Chris

**EDIT** Scratch that last comment, new disaster with 1/72 tonight. Seriously annoyed :angrysoapbox.sml::fuyou_2::rant::raincloud:

Edited by chrisrope

• 2 weeks later...

well im admiting it, i wont be building a kit now for the GB, i have far to much on at the moment abd havent touched a model in weeks sorry chaps