Hawk GB Welcome and Chat

Mark M

hi guys and gals the time is upon us where we need to be thinking about dusting off those Hawks

heres the plan!!

any hawk goes but each one has to be a different serial number ie. xx304 to see if we can cover most of them, but i will extend the build to other nations and other models i.e. t60, 100 series, but every build MUST be of a different airframe, so we dont get 30 airframes of say the saudi hawk, you can do 30 saudi hawks but they must be all differnt airframes i.e. xx302, xx302 xx303 ect (yes i know saudi hawks dont have them serials), i hope this all makes sense! i hope everyone is happy with this,

please add to the thread if you want to join,

co host: F111fan

entries up to now

1. Mark Marples (Main Host) xx285 100sqn display hawk

2. Anthony Robertson XX312 in the 100 sqn special colours with the black spine and tail with yellow stripe

3. F111Fan (Co-host)- XX184 "Spithawk"

4. Phil B - XX154 or XX258

5. smeds xx261

6. richellis

7. deon

8. 32SIG

9. itsafokker

10. enzo matrix xx180 xx265

11. plastic bonsai - XX341 aka the ASTRA Hawk

12. davidsm xx294 in red!

13. Scarlet - XX245 in red/white/blue/grey 4 FTS scheme

14. Hazza - 2009 dispay scheme XX307 (XX245)

15. jasman71

16. Martin Garrett - T.1A 1979-1992 (28) Red/white/grey scheme XX164/164 CFS, RAF Valley 1979;

and the same again as Red/white/blue/grey scheme XX164/164 4FTS 1990.

17. keefer22 - XX172 Red Dragon St. Athan Hack ON HOLD

18. MadNurseGaz - XX306 (Red Arrows)

19. ollieholmes - XX159

20. Mike at Two Mikes

21. royster - XX205 90th aniv display

22. Daz Greenwood - USN T-45

23. graham77 - FRADU xx301 and possibly a red one

24. Doug - XX350?, Omani T-45?

25. MadNurseGaz - XX306

26. murfv - XX255, 74 Sqn/4FTS, 1992

27. wkennerley - Zimbabwe T.60

28. hawkeye - south african mk120 no 271 in flag colours

29. Kev1n - grey xx350

30. Roland Pulfrew

31. masterqq M40-01, Malaysian Mk108 1/48 Airfix

32 Kstater94

33. Tim Diz - xx231 in blue!!

34. RussTnailZ

35. Giorgio N - xx249 or xx289

36. Jason xx230

37. Sundown xx263 in 2010 4fts colours, good choice!!!!

38. paulparks (decal man)ZJ100 or ZJ951 in Demonstrator Markings from BAe Systems

39 Muller swiss and a t1 xx256

40 . daniel demonstrighter zj951

41. Paul xx329

42. Rob M Aussie Mk.127 DT031 aka A27-31 in 76 Sqn markings.

43. ColinW xx162

44. RAF colenel xx266

45. Mrcooljules single seater

46. Worm - 2x 1/32! xx287, xx205

47. Alpha Delta 201 xx301 FRADU

48. Tardis2 xx325

49. Wez xx196

50. smyfe xx226

51. Shaun a T2

52. col xx163

53. Gabe Pincelli T-45C BuNo 163656 in the TW-2 Centennial scheme

54. flyboy72nd zj681

55. bigvern1966 xx317

56. SimonR

57. fnsman xx199

58. moaning dolphin 159 or 157 or 261

59.chris rope xx339

60.Killingholme finish Hawk

if ive missed anyone or forgot somthing please let me or F111fan know and we can sort it

Edited by markmarples

Mark.

I've just looked and I have more Hawks than I thought as I have 4 in the stash.

Would it be ok to enter them all in the GB.

They are as follows:

Matchbox Hawk T.1 which will be in Finnish AF markings.

Revell Hawk. T.1 which will probably be in Swiss AF markings.

Italeri T-45 Goshawk prototype

And Italeri Hawk 100 which will be in Indian AF markings.

Mark.

I've just looked and I have more Hawks than I thought as I have 4 in the stash.

Would it be ok to enter them all in the GB.

They are as follows:

Matchbox Hawk T.1 which will be in Finnish AF markings.

Revell Hawk. T.1 which will probably be in Swiss AF markings.

Italeri T-45 Goshawk prototype

And Italeri Hawk 100 which will be in Indian AF markings.

course it is daz, keep a check on the serials but if your struggling with them i have pleanty spare let me know

you can never have too many hawks!

As co-host, I'd like to apologise for my slow reply to the beginning of this-I've been gliding and marching all weekend :) Welcome all, and I look forward to seeing many magnificent jets over the next 3 months :D

Bog - was going to plump for XX164 - 4FTS Valley - but it's gooone...

<wanders off to have another thunk...>

EDIT: XX343 ETPS available still?

If it is I'll go ahead and order the Xtradecals sheet

Iain

ok go for it

Hi Mark

Is there a list anywhere of the remaining serials just in case people want to build more than one?

Antony

err err leave it with me

I'm going to take part in this, I'm committed to XX306, but I'm just letting everybody know that the start of my build

will be a little delayed while I deal with builds for other GBs- to tell the truth, I can't decide whether to build my 1/48

Italeri Hawk or my 1/32 Revell Hawk. There are pros and cons to both, I'm inclined to do the Revell kit, but I just don't

know yet...

Hi there,

Just want to see if I could join this build or not.

Basically, I know very little about the Hawk ( apart from the Red Arrows connection ) and to be brutally honest, have never really felt an urge to build one ( Sorry!! :) ).

However, I saw the Airfix BAE 1:72 kit below :

Airfix BAE Hawk 1:72

in the Airfix magazine and I really like the Black / Grey colour scheme. So much so that I'd be tempted to build one, and that's when I saw this GB.

So, considering that you're trying to get different serial numbers built etc., is there room left in this GB for me if I build the one from this Box in that colour scheme? Or has it already been taken? Pardon my ignorance if it has, like I said, I don't really know anything about the different versions of the Hawk etc. If it hasn't been taken, please put my name down for it, I'll easily get it done before the end of this GB. If it has, then no worries, I can still build the kit in my own time.

Thanks in advance!

J.

you are more than welcome to join the GB, we have tried to get different serial numbers but if you can you cant id rather you join with whatever you have, saying that i dont think anyone has taken the indian choice

Thanks for your replies!

I got off my bottom and did just a little research, and it showed me that the one I'd like to build is the Mk. 120d ZJ951. Just a quick glance through the list above shows at least two people thinking of building it, and I don't want people to change what they're building on my behalf!

So thanks anyhow but the 951 is clearly taken and I know you're trying to get everyone to do a unique serial number. I'll watch the builds with interest and get lots of tips for when I do end up doing 951! :)

J.

I said Mark I was gonna do an Indian one, but I guess I could do a What-If :)

soz daz i missed that

Thanks for your replies!

I got off my bottom and did just a little research, and it showed me that the one I'd like to build is the Mk. 120d ZJ951. Just a quick glance through the list above shows at least two people thinking of building it, and I don't want people to change what they're building on my behalf!

So thanks anyhow but the 951 is clearly taken and I know you're trying to get everyone to do a unique serial number. I'll watch the builds with interest and get lots of tips for when I do end up doing 951! :)

J.

ok but why not build a all black 19sqn one, for starters i can supply the serials i think for all of them in service now

but id rather we have duplicates than you or others not build

Mark,

You've not listed what serial you're doing? Shall we see a 1/32 from you?

Dan

too be honest mate, i have no idea what im going to do

i will check the list this weekend and let beople knkow but i may just fill hte gaps

i have a list of 208, 19 and 100sqn black hawks so will prob do one of each using the alley cat sheet in 1/72 and then we shall see, i have a typhoon to finish first

I see 35 Giorgio is down for - xx249 or xx289?

I've just seen these and would love to do the 4FTS Scheme in 1:32 - and option is for XX249.

Can I grab that in addition to the ETPS one - means you'd get two nominated a/c out of me for the build (and poss a third)?

Means I'd be doing XX343 Empire Test Pilot's School and XX249 4 FTS Anniversary scheme...

For a third I'm tempted by one of the Reds' a/c - if there's a serial spare?

Can't wait to get cracking on a production line - learned a lot from the first - so these should be fairly straightforward :)

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

mmmm - lots of id watching going to go on here....well - my kit is ready, starting pics taken and waiting on photobucket for the 18th :)

Well. here we are 2 days before this GB starts, and nobody has posted a build thread yet!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just commenting...

:tumble:

All too busy on other projects Gary.

Know what you mean, Daz! I've just realized that from Monday I'll be building for 3 GBs here,

and 1 elsewhere. That's apart from my building for the collection...

and the Mig-15 and the SU-100 for the "in foreign service"GB...

and the Airfix Red Arrows Folland Gnat...

Yup, just too busy!!