Harrier chat

Good Morning and welcome. What you need is the Harrier OCU sheet from A2zee models. It is great quality and well researched (by the IPMS Harrier SIG) and option 3 gives you a GR3 with Light Aircraft Grey undersides. I have bought it and I can heartily recommend it!

Here's a link for the sheet http://www.a2zeemodels.co.uk/the-harriers-...2-77-4759-p.asp

Mark.

Thank you Mark, and thanks for giving me the correct underside color. I'll see about getting that sheet. I appreciate your help.

David

OK everyone, we're really on the home straight now, just to remind people that the deadline is midnight on Saturday the 10th to be eligible for the poll. I'd like to say thanks to everyone that's participated so far, there's some great builds in the gallery so the poll is going to be a real challenge.

Anyone who feels they are able to supply a prize for the poll winners, please make themselves known, I'm just rummaging through my stash for something appropriate, haven't got a lot of Harrier stuff TBH but should be able to come up with something.

Got an urgent question needs answering....

I'm on finals with my Airfix Club Kit RAF GR7, but.....

according to the kit's instructions, the upper surface is dark sea grey....this looks very dark to me, especially for an aircraft serving in the desert in 2003

Can anybody confirm this is right?

Urgent answer needed....

I'm doing a pic search now but could spend the rest of the week doing that....my plan is to paint it tonight, finsh putting it together tomorrow (all the bits are ready)

then decal it and finish it off Saturday....in time - just - for the GB deadline.

Topic in the builds forum if you want to answer it there, but I've put the question here as well to hedge my bets :)

TIA

This has been my first group build and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd like to say a big Thank You to our hosts and to everyone who has shown an interest in my builds and given help and encouragement along the way, it's all been warmly recieved!

Mark.

This has been my first group build and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd like to say a big Thank You to our hosts and to everyone who has shown an interest in my builds and given help and encouragement along the way, it's all been warmly recieved!

Mark.

I second that - thanks to Doug and Stephen for organising it and to everyone who's taken part. As a bit of a harrier nut, t's been great to see this level of interest, commitment and above all talent contributing to modelling a unique aircraft. I've also learned a few things along the way from all the builds and I hope I can incorporate the lessons into my future builds. When I get my 22 Harriers done, I'm sure I'll be able to see clearly which was first and which was last!

Well done all - a great GB.

Voting is closed now, and we have two joint winners in PeterW and RichF, a good result considering they were both fantastic builds.

Bizarrely we also have joint third place in Kev1n and Bill Clark.

Well done to all and thanks very much for taking part.

Prizes are as follows;

PeterW - Tamiya 1/48 FRS.1 Sea Harrier

RichF - Airfix 1/48 Hawk 100

Kev1n - 'Joint Force Harrier' book

Bill Clark - 'Hellfire' book by Ed Macy

If the Peter and Bill can contact me by PM with their addresses, and Rich and Kevin please contact Stephen.

Wow, another great group build with a happy outcome. A big thank you to everyone who voted for my build, very much appreciated. I've got to say I'm happy to share this with Rich.F because that really was a cracking build of a Sea Harrier and I would not have felt hard done by if that had won on its own.

Bill and Kev1n - well done too, nice builds and I'm shocked that these weren't up there closer.

Lastly, let's all get together and do it all again soon. i've got lots of Harriers in the pile and this is a great way to get them built.

Pete

OMG !!!

I WON something!!!!

My flabber is well and truly ghasted........pleased.....but ghasted anyway

Kudos to the joint winners, both fab models, to bill as well, but really kudos to everybody for taking part, it was an interesting build

and ty to those that voted for lil' moi :)

and I'm going to love the book - just what I need as well

errrrmm.....does somebody need my address or something?

just curious

:wicked:

errm.....

OMG !!!

I WON something!!!!

My flabber is well and truly ghasted........pleased.....but ghasted anyway

Kudos to the joint winners, both fab models, to bill as well, but really kudos to everybody for taking part, it was an interesting build

and ty to those that voted for lil' moi :)

and I'm going to love the book - just what I need as well

errrrmm.....does somebody need my address or something?

just curious

:wicked:

errm.....

Yes, otherwise it makes it very difficult for the postman to bring you the book!

Stephen :D

I would just like to echo Peter's words, great build BTW ;) There were some excellent builds so I was lucky to get a joint first me thinks. :hmmm:

Also a big thankyou to Doug and Stephen for organising it for us, like Peter said I've got a pile of Harriers to do so it would be good to do it again, well, as long as its not a 1/48 Airfix harrier anyway.

PM on the way Stephen.

Cheers to all those that took part. :cheers:

Rich

Thanks chaps, I enjoyed hosting it. Forgot to thank Stephen for co-hosting with me.

I wasn't around as much as I would have liked, but I'd definitely be up for another Harrier GB in the future, got several more to do. I was hoping to get another one done for this GB but ran out of time as usual.

Congrats to the very deserved winners!

Thanks guys for hosting and to everyone who commented and encouraged on my builds, I have learnt a lot about a great aircraft! I would definately be very keen on another Harrier GB sometime soon, the airfix new mould GR7/9 came out just too late for me to finish one, let alone all the ones I have planned...

Phil

yeah lets do another one :):):):)

just re-read the above properly (takes me a while to recover from the shock of winning anything...not usually me really)......

so sent my addy to stephen. I also sent it to doug as well....then I read the posts above again....

duuhhhhh.......

put it down to the shock.......

Congratulations to the winners, to Doug and Stephen for arranging and running the GB and to all the modellers. Well done everyone!

Great models and great recognition for what the Harrier and those who developed, built, maintained and have flown the Harrier have achieved since 1960... and will achieve in the future; though, sadly, not in the UK.

It's just a shame that we couldn't keep this GB going longer so that even more models in build could have made it to the finish line...

Cheers,