BEF 4.5 inch Howitzer

This is something I'm working on at the moment, the Resicast 4.5 Inch Howitzer

This gun was brought into service before WWI, but by the beginning of WWII it was still more or less forming the backbone of light field howitzer support to the british army. It remained in service until 1942 when conversion to the 25pdr was finally completed

I've chosen to do mine as a BEF gun.

This is a gem of a kit. For resin it is incredibly easy to clean up and put together with no real issues except the gun shield which is a little tricky to get in the right place, not because of bad fit, but rather because the location is a little vague in pictures

I managed to put the gun and limber together in under 4 hours, which is nothing short of unheard of for me with a resin kit!

4point5%20(11).jpg

4point5%20(12).jpg

4point5%20(14).jpg

4point5%20(19).jpg

4point5%20(28).jpg

Basically, I've got as far as the basecoats. A lot more to do yet

Chris

Actually guys, it really is a peach of a kit. I've never built a resin kit that was so trouble free and fun to put together.

Daz, probably, all of the BEF's guns were left behind when they were pushed out of France and the Germans were adept at reusing anything useful. I have no information on the 4.5 in howitzer in German service though

• 3 weeks later...
Actually guys, it really is a peach of a kit. I've never built a resin kit that was so trouble free and fun to put together.

Daz, probably, all of the BEF's guns were left behind when they were pushed out of France and the Germans were adept at reusing anything useful. I have no information on the 4.5 in howitzer in German service though

You could always do one of those in Singapore -

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=S...3b968d9fd6b80bf

Tim

Now that is a beauty. I love the etched details & brass shells.

My thoughts exactly, you beat me to it!