Wingnut Wings Wish List

Folkbox1

I believe WnW plan to release a Pfalz DXII this year. Anyone know what else is upcoming?

This is about as much info as I've found on the net dated late 2009

- 32009 1/32 Albatros D.V

- 32013 1/32 Sopwith Pup

- 32005 1/32 Gotha G.IV

- 32006 1/32 Pfalz D.IIIa

- 32007 1/32 DH.9a

- 32010 1/32 Hansa Brandenburg W.29

- 32011 1/32 Fokker D.VII

- 32012 1/32 RE.8

- 32014 1/32 FE.2b

- 32022 1/32 Roland D.VIa

- 32028 1/32 DH.2

- 32018 1/32 Fokker E.II/III

- 32019 1/32 Pfalz D.XII

- 32021 1/32 Fokker E.1

As you can see there are a few from the 2010 schedule that haven't yet made an appearance so I wouldn't hold your breath for the D XII

Shorts 184 and anything from AH (especially if it has a 'baby coffin' on it). I think AH machines are very quirky, and remind me of something Dastardly and Mutley would fly to catch that pigeon!! I just salvating at the thought of a HB Starstrutter!

Shorts 184 and anything from AH (especially if it has a 'baby coffin' on it). I think AH machines are very quirky, and remind me of something Dastardly and Mutley would fly to catch that pigeon!! I just salvating at the thought of a HB Starstrutter!

Actually the old Eduard Kit of the Star Strutter isn't at all bad - comes with wing jugs as well as plywood fuselage decal .

Cheers

Terry McGrady

Actually the old Eduard Kit of the Star Strutter isn't at all bad - comes with wing jugs as well as plywood fuselage decal .

Cheers

Terry McGrady

shame it is only 1/48th though

My top three choices would be:

Sopwith Dolphin

Albatros D.III Oeffag variants 153/253

Hansa Brandenburg D.1

Some more Austro-Hungarian types would be nice too, Aviatik Berg D.I, Phonix D.I.

Cheers,

Richard

I would love to see a Short 184/320, Sopwith Baby or even dare I say it a Felixstowe F.2A.

Wot he said, + 3

Other stuff

Lohner or Macchi flying boat

Strutter

Aidrian

My first choice for a new kit would be a Sopwith Snipe, as it fits in with the 1 (F) Sqn RFC/RAF theme I'm currently collecting.

My other main wishes for 32nd WWI aeroplanes have all been covered by Wingnut and Roden (SE5A, Brisfit, Pup, Tripehound etc).

• 1 month later...

I agree with the earlier poster - the WNW catalogue is crying out for a Voisin of some sort. These pushers were hardy and successful biplanes deployed throughout the entire war.

And how about a flying boat? The Lohner L and some of the Franco-British Aviation types were attractive aircraft worth considering as a kit.

• 1 month later...

I have an Idea Hope someone from WNW is reading this (LOL) How about all of their current offerings but only in 48th scale and some maybe in 72nd?

I would be more than happy to see them move into 1/72nd - particularly some of the items previously available only from Pegasus/Merlin or in resin...

How about these to start:

AEG G.IV, DH9, Albatros C.III, Aviatik B.II or C.I, Bristol M1C, any Caproni, Voisin III, Caudron G.III and IV, Farman Shorthorn, Halberstadt CL.II, BE2a, FE2, FE8, RE8, any of the Rumplers, Sopwith Tabloid and Baby, Vickers Gunbus....I could go on....

Ian

Eindeckers,Pfals' Siemens etc etc.That would make my day and the upside is that these little planes take up very little space in the display case it could still be high end kits (a bit ofresin here and there some colour PE brass MG's with in the case of the spandau perforated barrel jackets more or less the same as the 32nds done by master etc etc)And the cost of the molds will no doubt also be well within WN's range and will boost sales as they will be much cheaper than the 32nd's.High volume sales cant hurt any company COME ON WNW HUMOR US!

Eindeckers,Pfals' Siemens etc etc.That would make my day and the upside is that these little planes take up very little space in the display case it could still be high end kits (a bit ofresin here and there some colour PE brass MG's with in the case of the spandau perforated barrel jackets more or less the same as the 32nds done by master etc etc)And the cost of the molds will no doubt also be well within WN's range and will boost sales as they will be much cheaper than the 32nd's.High volume sales cant hurt any company COME ON WNW HUMOR US!

• 5 weeks later...

Please fill the void. First and foremost all Camel variants. Taube. Longhorn. Felixtowe F2A! Macci M5. Any Lohner.(It was a World War) OEFAG Albatross D III. Voisin III. Hanriot HD1. Sopwith 1 1/2 strutter. An observation balloon.

Pfalzfriend