Wingnut Wings Wish List

Folkbox1

Somebody said something French - what about Maurice Farman, Long Horn and Short Horn - very delicate to kit in 1/48, but maybe possible in 1/32?

Rigger's delight - obviously :closedeyes: - but used by several services including RFC, RNAS and French service:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farman_MF.7 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farman_MF.11

We worked out the Wingspan of a Zeppelin Staaken to be a mere 52 inches in 1:32

Thats large,but I actually meant an airship Lol!

Now thats made me think about Warnes parasol fighter that took on those behemoths,make a nice kit that would.

Dave.

With you on that one . Until they do I'll stick with Roden Kits from Polish sources- Like £31 for a Pfalz

No Duty or VAT or Parcelforce charges since Poland is in EU.

Cheers

Terry McGrady

You do realise that adding another link to the supply chain will significantly increase the price? another warehouse, more stock on shelves (=dead money), someone else that needs a profit margin? Will very likely make yout VAT and import duty seem cheap by comparison.....

You do realise that adding another link to the supply chain will significantly increase the price? another warehouse, more stock on shelves (=dead money), someone else that needs a profit margin? Will very likely make yout VAT and import duty seem cheap by comparison.....

You have a valid point, but there again I'm not really on the WingnutsWings bandwagon .

So for me its a bit of a moot point . Beautiful kits to be sure . I can live with the cheaper alternatives.

though WNW has certainly rekindled an interest in WWI A/C for many .

Cheers

Terry McGrady

Thats large,but I actually meant an airship Lol!

Now thats made me think about Warnes parasol fighter that took on those behemoths,make a nice kit that would.

Dave.

I worked out some measurements for one of those.

A 1:32 Zeppelin would have a length of just over 6 metres with a diameter of 0.75 metres.

Now that's Big!

a Felixstowe F2a. unlikely im sure but after the Gotha who knows what they may do.

Now that I would buy, the roden kit was just to small for me.

Julien

With you on that one . Until they do I'll stick with Roden Kits from Polish sources- Like £31 for a Pfalz

No Duty or VAT or Parcelforce charges since Poland is in EU.

Cheers

Terry McGrady

"Polish sources"....can you recomend some? ta

Edited by sinnerboy

There are 2 Polish sellers on Ebay that sell the Roden kits from £24 upwards depending on the kit, I have bought a few from them now. Occasionaly they do auction style as well which can give even greater savings if successful. There postage charges are pretty reasonable as well, no more than some UK suppliers. Just do a search for the Roden kits and look for the ones based in Poland.

There are 2 Polish sellers on Ebay that sell the Roden kits from £24 upwards depending on the kit, I have bought a few from them now. Occasionaly they do auction style as well which can give even greater savings if successful. There postage charges are pretty reasonable as well, no more than some UK suppliers. Just do a search for the Roden kits and look for the ones based in Poland.

cheers Tim

Here's a second vote for the Macchi M.5, to my eye the most beautiful flying machine of them all in that era.

I love their choice of subjects so far mind you, but I'm a little surprised WNW has not yet tackled more of the old stalwarts--SPAD's, Nieuports, Fokkers, Camel, etc. I know some are available from other makers, but I'd bet that wouldn't hurt sales much. Let's be honest WNW's standards have a way of making their competition irrelevant.

I seem to be going through a Wingnut Wings phase at the moment, so apologies for starting yet another WNW thread.

Which WW1 aircraft would you like to see WNW produce? Keep it to ones that aren't thought to be currently on the bench and coming soon.

Sopwith (no not a Camel) Dolphin (even though I'd never heard of it till a couple of days ago).

Vickers Gun Bus

Martinsyde G100

Handley Page 0/400

And at the silly end:

Zeppelin Staaken (makes the Gotha look like a Pup)

Sopwith Dolphin - yes. It would save me from having to start a (1/28th) scratchbuild using bits from the Revell Camel and Spad. Then again, if I started that it would almost certainly guarantee one from WNW ...

AW FK-8

Vimy

0/400 (but where would you store it?)

Spad 7 and/or 13

Nieuport

FE-2B

At the silly end - Blackburn Kangaroo (so I can do the Wilkins aircraft).

IIRC they've already said they won't do a Camel because the Roden one is good enough - suspect the same might apply to a Sopwith Triplane (although we can hope!).

Spot On Mate

. I've used them a few times eg 32nd Hisso Se5a for £22 delivered. Sopwith Triplane £31 delivered.

Bristol fighter 48th £15.49 delivered . Won on a Sunday , received by the following Friday .

Cheers

Terry McGrady

Looks like the Sopwith Snipe is currently favourite. If we discount the possiblitly of them doing a Camel, as has been reported, following closely behind are the 1 1/2 strutter, 0/400 and Vickers Vimy (with a wingspan of approx 37.5 inches).

IIRC they've already said they won't do a Camel because the Roden one is good enough - suspect the same might apply to a Sopwith Triplane (although we can hope!).

You say that but there are lots of parts on the Pup sprues to make a Triplane, i was discussing this Sunday with a couple of people from the MK club.

I seem to be going through a Wingnut Wings phase at the moment, so apologies for starting yet another WNW thread.

Which WW1 aircraft would you like to see WNW produce? Keep it to ones that aren't thought to be currently on the bench and coming soon.

Sopwith (no not a Camel) Dolphin (even though I'd never heard of it till a couple of days ago).

Vickers Gun Bus

Martinsyde G100

Handley Page 0/400

And at the silly end:

Zeppelin Staaken (makes the Gotha look like a Pup)

How about:

Roland C.II

Halberstadt Cl.II

Hannover Cl.III

DH5

Or How about some Austro-Hungarian crates:

Hansa Brandenburg D.I

Aviatik Berg D.I

Phonix D.I

I believe WnW plan to release a Pfalz DXII this year. Anyone know what else is upcoming?