Wingnut Wings Wish List

Folkbox1

I seem to be going through a Wingnut Wings phase at the moment, so apologies for starting yet another WNW thread.

Which WW1 aircraft would you like to see WNW produce? Keep it to ones that aren't thought to be currently on the bench and coming soon.

Sopwith (no not a Camel) Dolphin (even though I'd never heard of it till a couple of days ago).

Vickers Gun Bus

Martinsyde G100

Handley Page 0/400

And at the silly end:

Zeppelin Staaken (makes the Gotha look like a Pup)

Rolland CII ......always thought cool looking since I made the airfix one as a kid

edit:- IIRC in an interview with a WNW chappie they have 30 kits in the planning stage so maybe all our wishes will be fufilled,even if we will be poor

Edited by sinnerboy

First and foremost a Camel :)

Then maybe an O/400.

Sopwith Snipe.

1 1/2 Strutter

:)

Surprised nobody's mentioned the Vimy?

I'm sure that would be very popular - and would lend itself to some interesting conversion possibilities such as the Vickers Vernon.

Iain

did think of a Vimy Iain, but would that count? as I don't think it became operational until 1919 ( but then I guess you could argue that the war did'nt officially end until 1919 either )

still a Vimy would be good if you're listening Mr WNW

Sinnerboy,

Agreed - yes - I don't think it flew operationally during The Great War (IIRC 3 made it to France before the War's end?) - but designed and flown 1917.

As a saleable item I'd have thought it would/could be popular (I'd certainly have a couple!) and still fits with their general theme IMHO.

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Sinnerboy,

Agreed - yes - I don't think it flew operationally during The Great War (IIRC 3 made it to France before the War's end?) - but designed and flown 1917.

As a saleable item I'd have thought it would/could be popular (I'd certainly have a couple!) and still fits with their general theme IMHO.

Iain

yeah I guess so Iain....either way you've talked me into it. :closedeyes:

Now an HP 0/400 would be impressive and a very tempting buy.How big,in 32nd scale would a Zeppelin Luftshiff be?

Dave.

We worked out the Wingspan of a Zeppelin Staaken to be a mere 52 inches in 1:32

Agreed on Snipe and 1 1/2 Strutter - plus Ollie's suggestion of Avro 504.

A Camel to Wingnut standards would be well received - but the later Hobbycraft kits aren't too bad - so would rather have something new...

How about a Taube? Very enigmatic :)

Iain

As I am going through a bit of a seaplane phase atm, I would love to see a Short 184/320, Sopwith Baby or even dare I say it a Felixstowe F.2A. The Felixstowe would be another impressive beast at 1/32 scale.

Agreed on Snipe and 1 1/2 Strutter - plus Ollie's suggestion of Avro 504.

A Camel to Wingnut standards would be well received - but the later Hobbycraft kits aren't too bad - so would rather have something new...

How about a Taube? Very enigmatic :)

Iain

Yes, I could go with a Camel as well.