1/144 Emirates A380-900 conversion

LOL NEVER, it's all mine. Besides as long as the person keeps there promise and the decals arrive tomorrow i be starting it as a British Airways 767-300 :yahoo: .

The person sending your decals has move to the moon so you will never get them so send it my way buddy. Your only 25mins down the road. Drop it off and I'll give you the petrol money lol

I'm not that much of a crack head kev.

Not got the time for that buddy

why not? Military modellers are. I am...come join us in crackland.....

as to time wot a feeble excuse.....everybody has time....it just takes a lil' bit longer to finish it, thats all. Not much longer, just a bit.

Phew Im safe....... Kev has a new Disciple :yahoo: If Id been able to get the visable interior model A380 when I was collecting the bits for the MPA, then Id have gone "All Kev" inside too!!!

Bexy

safe?

NEVER.....

banish boring airliner models....start superdetal NOW!

The person sending your decals has move to the moon so you will never get them so send it my way buddy. Your only 25mins down the road. Drop it off and I'll give you the petrol money lol

cuprar - your in Romford...the OTHER side of the river...I'm even closer Rab so give it to me and I wont give you any petrol money :)

it was just an offer....in case you didnt want to go all the way across the river - you'd get wet so I'm doing you a favour :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
any up dates on this Chris, love to see how you're doing with the fuse inserts.

Hi Alf, I've just finished with the engines, I'll post the pic step by step soon buddy

Edited by cuprar

Looking forward to the next set of pic's.

Has anyone come up with a way of installing the main gear into a nice painted shiney body yet? Or is it just lots, and lots of very careful masking?

Looking forward to the next set of pic's.

Has anyone come up with a way of installing the main gear into a nice painted shiney body yet? Or is it just lots, and lots of very careful masking?

Just got the fuselage together here, hard to see how you could get the gear in after joining the fuselage.

One thing I did find was that I haven't got the body gear in striaght, thought the bottom insert would push the fuse halfs out and straighten them out, but it didn't, any body else found this, or have I just cocked it up? any thoughts on how to fix this appreciated, all I can think of is fudging the holes for the wheel axles.

Ok ok here we go with the pics

a52cc3e4.jpg

Cut the front of just before the wings

524e3066.jpg

Made the front plugs out of balsa wood. The gap is 51mm so the plug was made 75mm with a bit each side

b218df20.jpg

Front plug all glued together

8dbeeaf9.jpg

Now on the rear I cut the fuse and need a 28mm gap

d8e60ff7.jpg

Plug made up

67a3ce03.jpg

Rear plug glued in with 28mm gap

aedd97e6.jpg

Milliput White added to the front plug

ea6cd302.jpg

MilliPut added to the rear plug

3a8661e6.jpg

This is one long fuselage, just under 23 inches long

4165e12e.jpg

More to come soon hope you like

Fantastic I've been waiting for this for a long time now!

Thanks Tom, its been a pain in the backside fella, 1 step forward 3 back all the time so I ditched your fuse and done it this way

have fun filling and sanding....................

I done this before on my Qatar 777-300 so I know what is next, like I told you before Kev ( god help me ) but the bad part is over with now, everything else already built so plug and play lol