1/144 Emirates A380-900 conversion

Superb Chris... looking fantastic.

I find car body filler really useful for big jobs such as this. If you put a thin skin over the top it will be ready for sanding in a matter of minutes and it sands beautifully. May well be worth a shot. Having said that, it looks fine in the photo's!

I really can't wait to see this finished, you're doing a fine job on this one mate. :speak_cool:

That's the problem with scratch builders ... you will always find some kind of imperfections but to others, she's beautiful. She's really coming along nicely there.

Thank you ryoga, can't wait till she is finished

Just gave the fuse a rub down again with some soappy wet and dry and found a small airline crack each side of the filler where it joins the plastic so I've the filler out again

Front

7be75a17.jpg

Rear

bda38ba4.jpg

Thanks Tom, this is alot harder than my 777-300er I done. And is that p38 filler???

Yes P38 - I use it for all large areas that need filling. Use it sparingly though - it gets very hot if you put it on too thick!!!!

Hi all, she is ready for the decals on the fuse, she had her 2nd coat last night before bed and the last coat about an hour ago. So later tonight I'll add the decals on the fuse. The wings and engines are also in primer waiting to be painted

9e22b7e9.jpg

Looking brilliant Chris... I think the A380 looks much better having been 'stretched'. Looks more in proprotion somehow.

Super conversion... keep the pictures coming please!

I was going to add the decals tonight but forgot about the red on the belly. So I masked up the belly for the red emirates logo

9097e15a.jpg

04208056.jpg

e3946daa.jpg

I will touch the white up tomorrow and add the decals

The wings and engines are in primer waiting for their next cost of paint

5353113f.jpg

a71a4da5.jpg

More tomorrow after work

How do you keep churning these beasts out Mr A380? I am only on my 3rd one ever and even that took me about 3 years to be brave enough to do it! It's all sprues, sprues, sprues! Too many of 'em! Anyway, looking good so far, can't wait to see it all done.

Eren

Edited by Eren