1/144 Emirates A380-900 conversion

Hi all, as you airliner nuts know, I do like an A380.... So for my next trick I'm going to be doing something different. I'm going to do a 900 conversion as Emirates, but before I go into detail I'd like to say a big thank you to TOM PROBERT for donating the built fuse.... Thanks buddy, I'm going to be building the 19 frame stretch ( god help me ) I don't know how big the plugs will be but I'm hoping that counting the windows on the graph will help me. I was worried about the front wings, but looked on other sites and they all say the same " the wings on the 800 were built with the 900 in mind " I will be starting this on Friday because I'm off. If anybody has a set of revell Emirates 380 decals and they want to part with them please let me know. Need 2 sets can trade or send payment via Paypal.

http://www.google.com/m/search?safe=images...Ag&sa=N#i=2

4190d8f1.jpg

Many thanks Chris

Edited by cuprar

Glad it arrived ok... will be watching this with real interest. Good luck (I think you're going to need it!) :winkgrin:

Thanks again Tom and you know, I need all the help I can with this build

This is doing my nut in big time, trying to work out how I'm going to do this conversion. But I will get there

Hi Chris,

Took the plunge and this is how mine is so far! :analintruder:

10042011575.jpg

Front space is 51mm and the rear is 28mm.

Just part of the long road!

Adrian

Hi Chris,

Took the plunge and this is how mine is so far! :analintruder:

10042011575.jpg

Front space is 51mm and the rear is 28mm.

Just part of the long road!

Adrian

same as mine bud, im using balsa wood sticks inside the fuse then sticking parts from the old fuse on top....its driving me mad, the rear is the worse bit to do

P.S will post your bits tomorrow morning when i get home from work

• 2 weeks later...

And I thought me & Melchy & Kev were bonkers Chris, but youre beating us hands down :mental:

Seriously though my friend, good luck :worthy:

Bexy

Edited by bexwh773

he'll be even more bonkers if he super-details it and installs a cockpit, opens up all the doors, puts the seats in, details the cargo bays, etc etc etc.....

tho' it's the kind of bonkerism that I like :)

he'll be even more bonkers if he super-details it and installs a cockpit, opens up all the doors, puts the seats in, details the cargo bays, etc etc etc.....

Good point Kev, my post is suitably edited :rofl:

Bexy

WOW Chris, this is impressive!!!!!!!

Hi Andre, welcome to BM ( better than ARC ) this is on hold for a bit need to finish my other builds before I carry on with this. Hoping to finish my Air Canada 380 tonight then finish my dc10 now got new decals for it. Not using my FC fedex sheet as kev1n said they are to good to wast on a crap kit

I'll admit to being a passionate studyier of bonkerology.....

...Not using my FC fedex sheet as kev1n said they are to good to wast on a crap kit

Unless you can fix it, any decal would be wasted on that particular kit

I'm not that much of a crack head kev. Not got the time for that buddy

And I thought me & Melchy & Kev were bonkers Chris, but youre beating us hands down :mental:

Seriously though my friend, good luck :worthy:

Bexy

Thanks Bexx I'm going to need it Hun, it's your fault I'm doing this anyway. Why the hell did you post your what if 380 lol

Thanks Bexx I'm going to need it Hun, it's your fault I'm doing this anyway. Why the hell did you post your what if 380 lol

Youre welcome Chris........ I cant help it, I have these daft ideas that just need building :evil_laugh:

Bexy

We all must be bonkers Bex, i some how got talked into doing an interior on my 1/125 A380 by a certain Kev1n. ALL BONKERS..

Phew Im safe....... Kev has a new Disciple :yahoo: If Id been able to get the visable interior model A380 when I was collecting the bits for the MPA, then Id have gone "All Kev" inside too!!!

Bexy

We all must be bonkers Bex, i some how got talked into doing an interior on my 1/125 A380 by a certain Kev1n. ALL BONKERS..

Don't you start simon, just give me your 767-300 lol

Edited by cuprar