xtrakit two seat Hunter

derek burton

Well, let's wait until we've seen a revised example before we judge how successfully the nose has been corrected. But, as you say, hats off to a small company for recognising that there's a problem with one of their products and doing something about it. I've asked Campbell what changes he's made so I can carry them across to my unrevised versions. I agree that it's a lot easier to file off a cannon bulge than to add one.

There are also some other additions (not further identified) to the O&O range awaiting posting on the website.

Hi Seahawk, could I ask you to share the changes that have been made with the rest of us so we can correct the unrevised versions in our stashes?

Regards

Tony

Mine just arrived. I must say on mine the plastic under the rear of the tail pipe does seem reasonably thick and I reckon I could probably shave off 1mm to at least give the impression of the F4 tailcone. Top of the build pile!

Pat

Mine just arrived. I must say on mine the plastic under the rear of the tail pipe does seem reasonably thick and I reckon I could probably shave off 1mm to at least give the impression of the F4 tailcone. Top of the build pile!

Pat

Nice one Pat, look froward to seeing it. I managed to get the fuselage together and wings on last night - the port wing went on perfectly, but the starboard wing was a nightmare fit, I guess there is going to be some differences in the moulding of this!

Nice one Pat, look froward to seeing it. I managed to get the fuselage together and wings on last night - the port wing went on perfectly, but the starboard wing was a nightmare fit, I guess there is going to be some differences in the moulding of this!

My starboard wing wasn't a nightmare as such, but was definitely 'different' to the port, which fitted much more snugly (even though the rear wing root on the lower wing was broken off & missing!)

K

Hi Seahawk, could I ask you to share the changes that have been made with the rest of us so we can correct the unrevised versions in our stashes?

As requested. Verbatim from Campbell, with his permission:

"What I did to correct the nose shape, was to remove the extreme nose of the conversion. At the first panel line behind the gun ranging radar cover. I replaced this with the extreme nose from the Revell kit, this needs to be sanded back to a flat face removing the chamfer. Then it is simply a case of bringing the contours in to match the new nose. As I mentioned in my previous e-mail the website will be getting updated soon, keep an eye on it as there will be pictures of the new nose appearing soon."

He's also asked me to point out that he now does his own casting, meaning he always has stock now.

He's also asked me to point out that he now does his own casting, meaning he always has stock now.

Hmm, wonder why he hasn't answered my e-mails then? No worries I suppose, I probably won't build another one befor SMW, so I'll get one off him then.

K

As requested. Verbatim from Campbell, with his permission:

"What I did to correct the nose shape, was to remove the extreme nose of the conversion. At the first panel line behind the gun ranging radar cover. I replaced this with the extreme nose from the Revell kit, this needs to be sanded back to a flat face removing the chamfer. Then it is simply a case of bringing the contours in to match the new nose. As I mentioned in my previous e-mail the website will be getting updated soon, keep an eye on it as there will be pictures of the new nose appearing soon."

Thanks for passing this on Seahawk. Much appreciated.

Tony

• 5 weeks later...
Oh, and I forgot to mention the seats which are completely wrong - those in the photos are Mk.2H seats, the T-birds used Mk.4H seats which are totally different - no thigh guards on the seat pan, no parachute container, horseshoe parachute pack and combined harness etc., etc..

Just want to check on this, not casting doubt, just want to nail down a source. The Martin Baker website lists the Mk.4H variant being used on export T.7 Hunters, it doesn't list them as being used by the UK. The Mk.2H and Mk.3H it lists as being used in UK and other nations Hunters without specifying a mark.

Is it possible the RAF T.7's used Mk.2H's in common with the rest of the RAF fleet and it was only export T.7's which had the Mk.4H fitted?

http://www.martin-baker.com/products/Eject...k--9/Mk--2.aspx

http://www.martin-baker.com/products/Eject...k--9/Mk--3.aspx

http://www.martin-baker.com/products/Eject...k--9/Mk--4.aspx

Thanks.

Is it possible the RAF T.7's used Mk.2H's in common with the rest of the RAF fleet and it was only export T.7's which had the Mk.4H fitted?

Thanks.

No.....The T7 & T8 most definitelly used a pair of Mk IV seats. Xtrakit have it wrong.

Thanks, I haven't found the Mk.4H in 1/72 scale anywhere, does one exist (Aeroclub?), or is it a case of hoping an aftermarket company does some? Presumably the PJ Production and LF Models conversions and kits come with Mk.4H seats, maybe they will release them as stand alone - PJ already have the 2h and 3H seats available now in 1/72.

Edit;

Pavla doa Mk.4 for the Alpha Jet, Mirage I/III, is this close enough?

http://www.pavlamodels.cz/katalogy/detail....;styl=styly.css

Edited by Richard M

Thanks, I haven't found the Mk.4H in 1/72 scale anywhere, does one exist (Aeroclub?), or is it a case of hoping an aftermarket company does some? Presumably the PJ Production and LF Models conversions and kits come with Mk.4H seats, maybe they will release them as stand alone - PJ already have the 2h and 3H seats available now in 1/72.

Edit;

Pavla doa Mk.4 for the Alpha Jet, Mirage I/III, is this close enough?

http://www.pavlamodels.cz/katalogy/detail....;styl=styly.css

I'd use that if I had no other choice - I can't imagine any variations in the 4 Series of seats would be that noticeable in 1/72nd!!

I do have a few Aeroclub seats in the stash - not sure if they're available still?