1:144 Group Build

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Think Matador Models do a cockpit for the Lanc - I just painted the inside of my cockpit glazing black.

Problem solved, picked up an amodels Lancaster for 1/3 the hannants price. Even better its the Dambuster set. A few more bits and I'll be set for the GB

Hi All,

Totaly new here on the forum, but Lex77 pushed me to join this nice forum and participate in the GB 1:144.

I've a nice Alpha Jet in PdF c/s who will join the GB.

revell16.jpg

Normaly I'll build 1:48 aircrafts and 1:35 armour.

So I've to find the glasses....

Best regards,

Arno Cornelissen

Edited by SWAT11

Assuming that *anything* in 1/144 goes, I'll join in with either 1/144 HGUC Advanced Hazel (High Mobility Type) or 1/144 HGUC Hi-Nu Gundam or both. Haven't decided yet, I usually make 1/144 aircraft so I thought I would make a change. I'm new to a what an GB is, am I right in assuming I just build the model, post pics? Do I have to show it off somewhere? Or turn up to some event? Pay to join? Sorry if I am sounding like a right twit right now :P

SWAT11, if you are building that Alpha Jet, you might wanna look into a replacement tail from Retrowings. The Revel Alpha Jet is famous for having a "banana" tail, crap cockpit too. Just letting you know. :)

Assuming that *anything* in 1/144 goes, I'll join in with either 1/144 HGUC Advanced Hazel (High Mobility Type) or 1/144 HGUC Hi-Nu Gundam or both. Haven't decided yet, I usually make 1/144 aircraft so I thought I would make a change. I'm new to a what an GB is, am I right in assuming I just build the model, post pics? Do I have to show it off somewhere? Or turn up to some event? Pay to join? Sorry if I am sounding like a right twit right now :P

SWAT11, if you are building that Alpha Jet, you might wanna look into a replacement tail from Retrowings. The Revel Alpha Jet is famous for having a "banana" tail, crap cockpit too. Just letting you know. :)

Hi Dazzio

You are quite correct, anything does go, as long as it's 1/144 scale.

With regards to what you have to do, when the GB starts, you start a build thread in the GB section and post pics as your build progresses. When it's finished, you post pictures of the completed build in the gallery section of the GB so as everyone can sit back and admire your handiwork.

You don't have to meet anywhere or pay anything to anyone, the idea is to get a group of people with the same interest together, build some cool kits and have fun.

Hi All,

Totaly new here on the forum, but Lex77 pushed me to join this nice forum and participate in the GB 1:144.

I've a nice Alpha Jet in PdF c/s who will join the GB.

revell16.jpg

Normaly I'll build 1:48 aircrafts and 1:35 armour.

So I've to find the glasses....

Best regards,

Arno Cornelissen

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like eye-straining fun! I'm in with a Sweet Seaking.

Cheers

Good choice!

To many choices for this build, have the dragon B-1B air combat command sitting in my stash, but also a B-2 or do I just go for some fast jets???? :banghead:

Do them all!

hmmm... checking my calendar... I could be in with the 1:144 Skyhawk from Platz...

Alex

Another excellent choice.

Antony

Edited by Antony Robertson

I do like the notion of this GB, so you might note my participation. I'm brand new here.

Might do a C-46, C-47, or a 737-500. Not sure yet, but will make up my mind when the time comes. Ben

• 2 weeks later...

26th was a typo and yes it was agree the length of two months due to the smaller scale

Thanks Mish. It's still taken me three months to build my Trident in 1/144th. :banghead: But I suppose the shorter time could make me a little more disciplined.

I've decided to break into my second CMR kit of the Martin Mars to go alongside the one I've already built and it'll be the red fin one. Also, time permitting my go back to the very minimally started CL215 or something else.

Maybe I could persuade swmbo to get me something ( :fool::pig: might fly??) for it as the start date is a day before my birthday I see....

Edited by Paul J

Well the jolly Mr. Taxman slapped a £30 extra charge on my HLJ stuff (NOT impressed, I already paid £30 for shipping). But it got my new bits for me to play with, once this Group Build starts, even got after-market/Gun-Pla decals on the way. :)

photoszd.jpg

Here be my Hazel, if anyone is wondering if there is a connection between the name "Hazel" and the rabbit logo, it's because there is. All of the mecha in this "series" have some connection to the characters from Watership Down. Kinda why it appealed to me. I know I have small feet :P

photo1axv.jpg

I have been waiting to get this model for SOO many years, Bandai have finally released it and I gots one. :D Can't wait to make these bad boys. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz