A10-A Thunderbolt II - standard kit

Posting the progress of my third model. EVER.

On this one I want to dabble with putty, removing lines and first go with an airbrush.

I wish I could add more detail, but I don't feel that experienced yet..

It'll just have to wait to I have the opportunity to visit a hobbyshop, and the closest is a 9 hours drive away in Trondheim :P

Kit box

5579071979_b4703a2cef.jpg

Instructions

5579059351_22bef8683b.jpg

Sprue

5579060513_e883b56266.jpg

Cockpit, taking care to scripe lines and flash

5579647260_b807990fb6.jpg

I've built this kit once before, its actually quite nice :)

Good luck building it, just remember to add weight into the nose to stop it sitting on its tail.

Finished cockpit and wheel well.

Tried doing some kind of wash for effect.

Tolerable result.

I did NOT like the decals. Stiff, little detail, huge edges made for a tiny fight with tiny tweezers

Cockpit. Changed paintscheme to something I felt looked better than all gray with olive seat.

5579449079_91e8d8f4f2.jpg

Wheel well. Mixed black with matte topcoat, then used cotton swab to remove excess.

5580034696_35bfb50d07.jpg

Looking at this makes me feel the need for putty... Can any old superfine putty work?

Looks like you have a good start there. There are many differing opinions on what to use for filler or putty. You will want a filler that is a fine as you can get, if you don't have easy access to filler specifically for models, perhaps the next best would be to try a finishing filler for automotive finishes. Don't be afraid to experiment, you'll find something that will work for you.

For bringing out details, try making a very thin wash made of thinner with just a tiny bit of paint. I actually us a small piece of wrinkled aluminum foil as a pallet and go between a drop of paint and a small puddle of thinner basically mixing a small brush-full at a time. This is then allowed to run along the corners an recesses.

Keep posting pics, we enjoy watching projects progress!

Eric

The latest update is that I finally got my package from ModelHobbies!!

5602606189_773d2f8caa.jpg

Now I feel a bit more prepared :boxing:

• 2 weeks later...