Airfix/Heller 1/72 Dragone Rapide

upnorth

Hello all:

I just picked up Airfix's recent reissue of Heller's Dragon Rapide and as I won't start it for a while, I'd like to know what, if anything, has been made for it by the aftermarket?

I know there are decals out there, but have there ever been any PE sets?

Thanks in advance.

In the mid-1990s, Tasman offered an upgrade kit with the Heller parts, but additional parts were confined to a Falcon vac canopy, white metal instrument panel, and copper wire for rigging. There was a very nice decal sheet with five (military) options.

Edited by baclightning

• 3 weeks later...
In the mid-1990s, Tasman offered an upgrade kit with the Heller parts, but additional parts were confined to a Falcon vac canopy, white metal instrument panel, and copper wire for rigging. There was a very nice decal sheet with five (military) options.

In fact I find I have got the Tasman Upgrade kit and think I may build it! There are indeed five options on the decal sheet - these are USAAF RAF Air Ambulance RNZAF and RAAF. am not sure which one I prefer but if any of these particularly appeal let me know and perhaps we can arrange something. The kit also includes some detail pictures - not amazingly good but better than nothing.

The "extra" bits are not that inspiring - the "wire" for the rigging is no more than a length of stranded wire from which you will have to strip the covering - I shall use the nylon thread I always use.

David.

Thanks for the info.

I think I'll go with a kit supplied decal option, there is a Royal Navy scheme on the kit sheet I find particularly appealing the more I look at it.

Was there ever any PE made for the cockpit?