Bob's Buckles

J.P.

I seem to be a little confused, the "buckles" I ordered from BB arrived today and it seems its just the eyelets and not the tubing that is supposed to represent the turnbuckle. Was I also supposed to order the "Pre-cut 0.5 Tube" too? If so what length is appropriate for a 1/32 WnW Albatros?

Yes you do need to order the precut tube as well if you are not going to cut your own tube. Not sure what the correct length would be for the Albatros but I'm sure someone will let you know.

buckles and tubing are two totally separate products. You can either order pre cut tube from Bob or uncut tube from the likes of jbmodel.eu.

For my WNW Albi I used roughly 3mm lengths of .5mmid .3mm od tube and it looked ok

erm

Bob Buckles?

he is a member here so it may be an idea to get in contact.

He seems a decent sort of a bod and am sure would be willing to advise.

JP is new, so he might not have known that. :)

The guys have given you your answer, and you'll find him here if you need to PM him about anything :)

Hi JP,

Yes, the tubing comes as a separate item.

As the lads have already mentioned you can either get me to cut it for your or buy some Griffon 0.5 micro tube and cut your own.

I'm sorry if I failed to make it clear enough on my website that both items are indeed, separate.

Cheers,

Bob :innocent:

buckles and tubing are two totally separate products. You can either order pre cut tube from Bob or uncut tube from the likes of jbmodel.eu.

For my WNW Albi I used roughly 3mm lengths of .5mmid .3mm od tube and it looked ok

Personally I use 2.5mm lengths of tube for my Albies, but either 2.5mm or 3mm would be ok.

I will meet you over the Brick factory @ 5.30 am. You will hear the hiss of water escaping from your gravity tank as the bullets hit home... Look for me.. I will come at you from a great height and with the sun at my back. You will not fail to miss my all pink SE5a with Turquoise streamers. Look for my limp leaf manoeuvre... It's a classic.

Von LimpinPink :P

• Haha 2

If you two yahoos turn up in your 2.5mm Albies vs my 3mm Albi (bigger is always better) at 5:30AM the only thing you're likely to hear is my snoring.

Combat should be at a hour more suited to a gentleman, say 11:00AM

hopefully his question has been answered before we derailed the thread :D

Edited by gcn
  • Haha 1

If you two yahoos turn up in your 2.5mm Albies vs my 3mm Albi (bigger is always better) at 5:30AM the only thing you're likely to hear is my snoring.

Combat should be at a hour more suited to a gentleman, say 11:00AM

hopefully his question has been answered before we derailed the thread :D

LOL! Yes, my question HAS been answered with the added bonus of reading a damned entertaining thread :D . Thanks for the clarification guys.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bob’s eyelets are very good and a lot less faffing than try to make them believe me. I personally do not use turnbuckles as I think they are not realistic and not to scale.  PVA glue or even thick paint on the correct end are better in my opinion.  
Andrew.