New 1/72nd UK Phantom seamless intakes

Forgot to mention earlier that Terry has also done a lovely set of seamless intakes for the 1/72nd UK Phantoms. I know they fit the Fujimi kit not sure about any others. Again like the Victor parts they are superbly cast with hardly any air bubbles and fit directly onto the fuselages of either without much fuss.
The parts include new intake bodies and tunnels, turbine and compressor rings,

Here are some piccies,

Excuse the flash on the turbine blades..this is a pre run set

P1100470.jpg

P1100472.jpg

P1100474.jpg

I know how many of you like the old 'toom' so again if you are interested get in touch with Terry,

wurger 190

And he'll let you know about availability and pricing,

Cheers,

Melchie.............(who isn't on commission crying.gif !!)

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 4

I'll be doing a Fujimi Phantom FGR2 in the forthcoming Phantom STGB. So I want some of these.

Wrong... I neeeeed some of these! :frantic:

Edit: just a thought... resin is rather heavy. And these sit forward of the mainwheels. There's no way that your model will be a tailsitter using these.

Edited by Enzo Matrix

They fit the Fujimi *and* the Hasegawa kits? I'd have to see that. Surely they're made to fit the Fujimi kits, and any potential fit to the ancient Frog/Hasegawa kit would be a happy accident. I can't imagine why anyone would even bother trying though. It would be putting lipstick on a pig.

:)

J

Edit: just a thought... resin is rather heavy. And these sit forward of the mainwheels. There's no way that your model will be a tailsitter using these.

I wouldn't worry about that. I've never seen a Phantom kit in any scale that needed any counterbalancing. They aren't tail sitters as a general rule.

Sorry, Jennings is quite right, Fujimi not Hasegawa, I'll amend original post........

Walrus old fruit have a word with Terry re price, as for future availability............sadly production is due to cease in 2136... :doh:

Edited by general melchett

Whew!

The response to this and my Victor bits has been overwhelming!

I think that my week-end schedule has been re-arranged, I will be making Phantom and Victor bits all day.

The costs will be:- Phantom first class recorded delivery £15 including postage.

If you will be at the Cosford show on April 10th or IpMS Birmingham on May 15th £12

These were designed to fit the Fujimi FG1/FGR2 kits I very much doubt whether they will fit any other kits.

I seem to remember that the old Frog/Hasegawa kit had longer intakes than the Fujimi.

Please PM me with your address if you want a set, I will then let you know when they are ready.

I am a one man band on this and I can't give up my day job just yet ( however much I would like to!)

Thank you all for your interest in these bits.

Terry

Whew!

I think that my week-end schedule has been re-arranged, I will be making Phantom and Victor bits all day.

The costs will be:- Phantom first class recorded delivery £15 including postage.

If you will be at the Cosford show on April 10th or IpMS Birmingham on May 15th £12

These were designed to fit the Fujimi FG1/FGR2 kits I very much doubt whether they will fit any other kits.

I seem to remember that the old Frog/Hasegawa kit had longer intakes than the Fujimi.

Please PM me with your address if you want a set, I will then let you know when they are ready.

I am a one man band on this and I can't give up my day job just yet ( however much I would like to!)

Terry

Any plans for a 1/48 version of these?

I'll be at the Cosford show. I've been wanting to apologise to you, as you sent me a set and I lost the letter you sent so until now I did not know how to contact you.

I would like to add my 2p worth by saying these are absolutely beautiful, and a definite must for the Fujimi Brit Phantoms.

I'll be at the F-4 Phantom SIG which will be by the F-111 in the cold war building, and I would appreciate 2 more sets from you.

Whew!

Terry

"I think that my week-end schedule has been re-arranged, I will be making Phantom and Victor bits all day."

Does this mean the Barabrith Works is taking on hands this week-end Mr Hardacre?

How about some high quality armour bits

Edited by mecanix

"I think that my week-end schedule has been re-arranged, I will be making Phantom and Victor bits all day."

Does this the Barabrith Works is taking on hands this week-end Mr Hardacre?

Aye lad, payment will be all the coffee you can drink!

How about some high quality armour bits?

Such as?

Terry

You are a kindly Gaffer Mr Hardacre.

"Such as? This we can discuss over something stronger than coffee.

Does this the Barabrith Works is taking on hands this week-end Mr Hardacre?

Aye lad, payment will be all the coffee you can drink!

How about some high quality armour bits?

Such as?

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my F-4 intakes from Terry at Cosford today.

As has been said, these are superb - beautifully cast with fine panel lines. They will certainly enhance the Fujimi kit.

Many thanks Terry, and good luck with the next project. :thumbsup:

Richard

• 4 years later...