Battle for the Reich GB

Hi guys, its going to be on us before we know it..

I guess a Do-335 night fighter would be OK?

not sure if the Do-335 entered service think it was still in the test stage at wars end (could be wrong though)

If all goes well with housing etc by then, I'd like to join in, probably with Dragon's 1/48 Me163 if that would be alright?

cheers

Rick

be good to see a Komet there..

Oh no, a reason to do my Fw-190A-5, if of course that era 190 would make the grade (1943ish)? If not, could always go a later model.

yeah the A5's good to go they were (Eduards) based in the west intercepting the bomber formations (except for the green hearts)

Andy.

Seriously considering a couple of early and late Bomber Command entries for this one.

Early is an Avro Manchester - Revell Lanc with Paragon conversion. The one for which I have markings is L7300. A Manchester I version without upper turret, veteran of 17 missions in 1941.

Late is Lancaster R5868 as preserved at Hendon. Airfix kit - probably with Revell paddle props from above.

be good to see a Komet there..

not sure if the Do-335 entered service think it was still in the test stage at wars end (could be wrong though)

Thanks for the feedback Andy.

Re the Do-335, see this on Wiki - seems they just made it into service in very limited numbers...

"Delivery commenced in January 1945. When the United States Army overran the Oberpfaffenhofen factory in late April 1945, only 11 Do 335 A-1 single-seat fighter-bombers and two Do 335 A-12 trainers had been completed.

French ace Pierre Clostermann claimed the first Allied combat encounter with a Pfeil in April 1945. In his book The Big Show (pages 273-274) he describes leading a flight of four Hawker Tempests from No. 3 Squadron RAF over northern Germany, when he intercepted a lone Do 335 flying at maximum speed at treetop level. Detecting the British aircraft, the German pilot reversed course to evade. Despite the Tempest's considerable low altitude speed, the RAF fighters were not able to catch up or even get into firing position."

From Wikipedia

cheers

Rick

Edited by Spad

As I've managed to finish my Bf109 STGB entry, and I'll be at a loose end from mid-January 'till April, I'd like to join too. I've got a 1/48 HobbyBoss Me262 on the way - the A1a/U5

Chris

you're welcome..

Andy.

I'm entering but I have a problem, no instructions for my Dragon Do.335! Somewhere in a loft in London, I'm in Shropshire.. :shrug: Might just enter and see how I get on.

Hi Radleigh,

may be able to help, have some floating around someplace, will look, but prob not for the night fighter thou!

Looking at the kit at the moment as I've brought it into work. I will defo need some instructions as some parts I'm puzzled with!

Shall put a post up asking if anyone else can help me too. :)

Hi Mish, I think I would like to give this a go. I have tried once before to do a GB but ran out of time (still haven't finished the model). For my subject I was thinking of the battle for Berlin. Last day(s) of resistance. I thought either a small dio featuring Volkssturm or the last 88 still firing outside the Zoo citadel. Would these work?

Jk

Hi Mish, I think I would like to give this a go. I have tried once before to do a GB but ran out of time (still haven't finished the model). For my subject I was thinking of the battle for Berlin. Last day(s) of resistance. I thought either a small dio featuring Volkssturm or the last 88 still firing outside the Zoo citadel. Would these work?

Jk

Great idea, welcome aboard...

Andy.

I'm entering but I have a problem, no instructions for my Dragon Do.335! Somewhere in a loft in London, I'm in Shropshire.. :shrug: Might just enter and see how I get on.

Will these help?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10066333

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10063434

Hi,

cant wait - 1944 "unknown Eastern front unit" Sd.Kfz 10 mounting a pak 38 (gonna try resin wheels and lots of PE.... hope this is ok

That's a good choice, & as much AM as you like good to go... 

Andy.

Edited by smuts

Hi,

That's a good choice, & as much AM as you like good to go... 

Andy.

cheers Andy - not used this level of PE (or resin).. should be fun.. been looking at references and may add some wiring too... eeeeeek ;-)