Battle for the Reich GB

Hi guys,

welcome to the BftR GB & thanks to Erwin for co hosting with me...

time span starting with the ground war from D-Day both western & eastern fronts..

Air war/ops from 41 onwards when the RAF'S bombing offensive really took off..

Sea ops too though coastal..

these are just a rough guideline ..

Andy

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Air war/ops from 41 onwards when the RAF'S bombing offensive really took off..

Thanks Andy. I was toying with an idea of a Bf109 from November 1939 involved in the initial skirmishes with Bomber Command. I can choose something else. But therein lies the problem. There's so much to choose from! :D

Hmmmm very tempting. I don't have a clue with what but that can be sorted out later.I have loads of luftwaffe and RAF stuff so that won't be a problem.

Count me in.

Edited by Arniec

I would like to entre with the Revell Halifax . As someone who has spent the past 20 years only building Luftwaffe with the exception of one Airfix lancastr i think its about time i brordend my horizons . I have done many luftwaffe Nightfighters its about time i did some of their prey. Something from 100 group sounds intresting if it is possible with this kit

Alistair

Hi guys, well its tracked for me russian from operation Bagratian & & a 250 pioneerwagen from D-Day...

now that Erwins stepped down as co host due to Family comitments any takers as co host :D

Andy :frantic:

Have I missed something here? I was under the impression that the GB was just for German subjects. Are opponents eligible as well?

I may be wrong here as i said i would like to do a RAF Halifax but if only luftwaffe i will change to a Trumpeter ME262 nightfighter. I chose the Halifax as Battle for the Reich sujested two sides in a battle.

Hi guys,

yep both sides are taken in to the line for the GB , with the landwar from D-Day in the west & operation Bagration in the east. airwar from 41 onwards...all combatants.

Andy

Excellent! :thumbsup: Although it has probably thrown my plans into disarray! :D I was intending to build an Eduard FW190A-7, pretty much OOB. But I love doing Dogfight Doubles, so I'm going to do a bit of research and see if I can come up with a pair which met in battle during Unternehmen Bodenplatte.

Edited by Enzo Matrix

Just been reading a little bit about 'night harrassment' on the Eastern Front (sounds like Wolverhampton on a Friday night).

I've got both an Ar.66 and a Go.145 in my stash and an Owl decal sheet now on order :) .

With a bit of luck, one of the options will be June 1944 onwards...

Cheers

Cliff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
tempting... and tempting to maybe try some armour....

Yep ad me to the list - Italeri 1:35 DEMAG + (Dragon) Pak38 & crew - not sure if the kit decala will support a post-D-Day unit but do believe there is one for Russia 1944 so that should fit with this GB

I'd like to take part as well.

My idea is a scene set in early 1945. Somewhere in north Germany, a few lone Me 262 recce jets have been hidden, almost stashed away so they can take off at any time. Their state is sad, delivered with just a coat of primer shot on them because the paint shipment didn't get to factory, jet fuel in barrels hand-pumped into the plane's tanks, under some early spring foliage and an Autobahn sign providing a smidgeon of cover from aerial attacks. The autobahn itself is to serve as a makeshift runway, and behind a rather large tree, the unit's mascot is taking a nap inmidst the photo developing equipment.

All the soldiers know that their situation is dire, miles and miles of refugees, dressed in rags and left with nothing but their bare lives after scores of allied strafings. The Gustloff disaster is in anybody's mind, and it is no longer hope that keeps the women and children going, but the sheer fear of rape, torture, and death by Soviet hands. The only reason the Wehrmacht is even fighting is to ensure that as many people as possible, civilians as well as soldiers, can make it out of the designeted Soviet sector.

This is why these recce units are so badly needed; communication lines have all but broken down, and hearsay is the only source of information - along with the pictures taken by the, albeit flame new, decrepit-looking Messerschmitt Wunderwaffe.

Can I enter?

Edited by Calafati

Hi guys,

yep both sides are taken in to the line for the GB , with the landwar from D-Day in the west & operation Bagration in the east. airwar from 41 onwards...all combatants.

Andy

Aaaagh! Way too much choice for me. That's like buying washing powder in a Tesco Superstore - almost infinite! (So I come home with a Cornish pasty and a newspaper.)

• 1 month later...