I see we have started.......

• 5 weeks later...

Finally decided I ought to get on with something now that the Lanc STGB is complete, particularly as I am also supposed to be doing a Hawk in the Hawk GB as well.

Having sprayed interior green in a few places I got on with some assembly. So far everything has come together very nicely and the cockpit goes together well and looks pretty good. All I have added, other than OOTB, is the seat belts using foil from a rather nice bottle of Chablis. Tonight's progress is this:

Spitfire5.jpg

Spitfire6.jpg

Spitfire7.jpg

As ever comments/critiques more than welcome

Nice kit isn't it? Which markings are you doing?

jynski

Yes it is a nice kit. Fit of parts so far seems pretty good. I am just about to close up the fuselage so will see how much filler is required. I am planning to do 91 (Nigeria) Sqn. Not a Sqn you see mentioned or built that often, so I thought it would be nice to do something a little different.

A little bit more progress:

Fuselage has gone together nicely and looks like no/minimum filler will be required.

Spitfire8.jpg

And the wings have been joined together, again with a nice clean join.

Spitfire9.jpg

Test fit of fuselage and wings again looks pretty good, but I have taken the precaution of sanding the trailing edge fillet between fuselage and wing root as this looked as though it might be a bit thick and bulky otherwise.

I really shouldn't be inside on such a beautifully sunny day, but the grass was cut yesterday and I have a day off work so more building required. I must say, joining GBs/STGBs adds a bit of pressure to get on with things and enjoy the hobby bit more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry team; failed to make the finish date. So close and yet so far. Had a bit of a disaster with the masking of the second top surface colour and then work got in the way. I will finish it, I will - honest! And will post the finished pics on here when it is done.

Have to say well done to those who have finished; some really nice builds there.

• 8 months later...

I realise that this is a little late, but now that I am back from the desert and have a little leave, I thought it was time to crack on with some finishing. First up I finally finished my Airfix 1/48 Spit Mk XII. Got to say this was a very nice kit to build and builds into a very nice representation of the Spit; I can recommend it to anyone.

d37b0730.jpg

160526ef.jpg

92d08ac7.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, but only had iPhone and local Internet cafe available.