Dassault Mirage IIICJ

I'm calling this one finished now, really enjoyed the kit and pleased with how its looking at this point.

Hobbyboss 1/48 Dassault Mirage IIICJ, built straight from the box with no extras. I wanted to try a HB kit and decided to give this one a shot, mainly because its cheap (kit cost £11), I love the Mirage and I hadn't yet done an Israeli aircraft.

I painted it with Gunze acrylics, used the kit decals (which were excellent I must say) and finished it with a Promodellers/Flory Models dark dirt wash and a coat of Vallejo satin varnish. The markings are for the famous airframe 159 of 101 Sqn in the 1973 Yom Kippur War, which amassed 13 kills.

The kit was great fun to build, the fit is generally pretty good but not the clichéd Tamigawa quality (no great surprise there :analintruder: ), the instructions are basic but ample and the detail is fair, although a resin cockpit or even just some etch would greatly enhance it (which is why I've decided to leave the canopy closed). I cannot reliably comment on accuracy but I've read that the kit does not accurately represent this particular airframe as it had the Atar 9C engine fitted, rather than the earlier 9B as portrayed in the kit with the different exhaust nozzle. This didn't bother me though :bleh: . As a builder the kit is smashing and I'd recommend it heartily. :winkgrin:

Anyway here are the pics, comments as ever are always welcome :)

DSC_0136.JPG

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0135-1.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

DSC_0137-1.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0183.JPG

Cheers

Mark

Looks really nice Mark, great work! The Mirage III is my fave Mirage, and always looks great in Israeli markings.

Thanks for the compliments :)

I've been playing with my macro lense so here are a few more pics ;)

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0199.JPG

Cheers