FAA Golden age photo's.

Troffa

Isn't the net a wonderous thing?

Found these various blogs after searching "HMS Victorious cross deck Oriskany" and it would seem that my mates dad's pictures were taken on 15th of September 1966!

found these amongst others:

http://www.axfordsabode.org.uk/pdf-docs/victor10.pdf

edited to weed out dead links. 

Edited by Troffa
dead links
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 years later...

Great photos and thank you - I've often thought there must be lots of these photos of interest to us modellers out there - the more they are shared on BM the better

CJP

• Like 1

I'm afraid not, that was all that I got to scan. Great shots though. But right click and save 'em as I have no idea how long Photobucket will keep them displayed!  

Hello Troffa,

Thank for sharing that great pics, I really enjoy it.

Same for your alias pic, I always liked Kate...

Nice job, thanks again.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2011 at 7:36 PM, Troffa said:

Found these various blogs after searching "HMS Victorious cross deck Oriskany" and it would seem that my mates dad's pictures were taken on 15th of September 1966!

found these amongst others:

http://www.axfordsabode.org.uk/pdf-docs/victor10.pdf

'we purchased a Firefly', beautifully understated!   Cracking formation photo with Tracker, Crusader, Skyhawk, Buccaneer, COD Gannet and Sea Vixen on the last page.

Thanks for sharing all these and the superb original pictures Troffa!

On 3/26/2011 at 5:50 PM, Troffa said:

A colleague has kindly allowed me to post some of his father's photographs, taken during the Mid sixties and featuring HMS Victorious and her air wing.

Enjoy!

GoldenageRN011.jpg

GoldenageRN012.jpg

GoldenageRN009.jpg

GoldenageRN008.jpg

GoldenageRN003.jpg

GoldenageRN002.jpg

Ahem Its an air group...air wings are for that amature lot! Nice phots though

Edited by junglierating
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/26/2011 at 8:05 PM, Shar2 said:

Cor! great pics. Those were the days. Interesting bit in the second pic is the fully castored nosewheel on the Bucc, now who's going to tell you you've got the nosewheel the wrong way round? :D

normal for a single nose wheel a/c on roll back after trapping on deck (youtube F-8s landing & you'l see. 

Hovercraft pictures are from Lee-On-Solent (HMS Daedalus) - the old WW1 seaplane slipway is still there crossing the main road, sadly used by jetskis rather than something as graceful as a Hovercraft. 

Lovely to see the cross decking with the Big O (South China Sea I assume), If your dates are correct then this picture is taken just over a month before the tragic fire that killed so many aircrew.

On 4/9/2011 at 1:27 PM, hacker said:

Question about this one is those USN aircraft on a RN ship or the other way around?

Agreed. I think it's USN Crusaders on an RN Flight Deck. Uniforms deck markings and Wessie plane guard. Did the USN use helos in a similar role? Anyone know?

Regards

MM