Decal solution for Tamiya decals

AdriaN (MLT)

sometimes you need to gentleman's parts the decal with a needlewhere it doesn't stick and apply the solution that way.

It's best to leave it dry overnight yo dry.

Any wrinkling should go and it will settle into the panel lines.

I have used it on the 1/32nd F4J and it worked very nicely, the decals even adhered to the doubler plates under the wings.

*ALSO, i applied 2 more roundels, i applied setter... and softer, left them alone, didnt touch them, came back an hr later to find they didnt totally stick down over the panel lines. it looks like it needs some 'touching down'. i applied softner 3 times over them. maybe an hour isnt enough?? maybe after 5 hrs they will look more 'painted on'? :hmmm:

an hour isnt nearly long enough.... i would go 12 at least! and really dont look, dont touch...find something else to do

oh yeh and just a reminder DONT LOOK its frightning

Edited by ChelseaFC

an hour isnt nearly long enough.... i would go 12 at least! and really dont look, dont touch...find something else to do

oh yeh and just a reminder DONT LOOK its frightning

ok :worthy:

One more thing. after the decal has been placed over the setter, do you need to wait for the setter to dry before putting the softer?? or can you put it on when its still 'wet' ?

ok :worthy:

One more thing. after the decal has been placed over the setter, do you need to wait for the setter to dry before putting the softer?? or can you put it on when its still 'wet' ?

i give it a little while maybe 10 or so mins after ive placed the decal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I use Microsol/set with Tamiya and never had any problems, the decals have always settled down without any issues, including decals over Zimmerit on German Armour models.

I did try the humbrol one without much success.

Paul