SMER Su-22 M4/M4R

sig226

• 2 weeks later...
can you take some close ups of the sprus please, never seen this tooling ta

Wings and fuselage are off the sprue and the KKR pod is together but I'll take some pics before I do any more to it.

Regards Simon

Wings and fuselage are off the sprue and the KKR pod is together but I'll take some pics before I do any more to it.

Regards Simon

ta. its ok, i went through all mine, and yeah they are the same kits.

What mould is this kit from ? I have a mastercraft M3 in the stash and I wonder if they are related...

no its not. i have about 5 mastercraft. and they are different. see im mad on these aircraft lol

What mould is this kit from ? I have a mastercraft M3 in the stash and I wonder if they are related...

I (think) it might be the 'Pantera' mouldS

Regards Simon

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good so far ! As I've read here it's the same pantera mould used in my mastercraft M3, I'll watch with interest !

hope you've got plenty of filler for the spine Giorgio !...it's a bit of a pig

Regards Simon

A little more.. Canopy fitted & filled and pylons fitted and partially faired into leading edge of wing (shocking fit !)

Photobucket_UL-23.jpg

Regards Simon

im literally woking on my SU17 and 22's as i type this, yeah i needed a lot of filler and those pylons are a disgusting fit lol

im literally woking on my SU17 and 22's as i type this, yeah i needed a lot of filler and those pylons are a disgusting fit lol

You doing a Soviet one ?

Nose cone painted, Canopy masked and ready for priming..... the auxiliary engine air intake scoops have been added as SMER don't provide these rather obvious features in the kit !

no chaff/flare dispensers are going to be fitted.

2011-04-29211623.jpg

2011-04-29211605.jpg

Regards Simon

• Like 1

First coat of primer to see what we're up against.....still a little remedial work needed but about where I thought I was

2011-04-30114853.jpg

2011-04-30114821.jpg

Regards Simon

coming along nice.

i completed my italeri one, the whole sit is crap, legs are wrong lenth, so i had to lenthen them, and the whole u/c doors are poor, nothing like the real shape. Almost finished a Mastercraft one which has totally different u/c

coming along nice.

i completed my italeri one, the whole sit is crap, legs are wrong lenth, so i had to lenthen them, and the whole u/c doors are poor, nothing like the real shape. Almost finished a Mastercraft one which has totally different u/c

Have to admit the SMER looks good shapewise and seems to have a better 'sit' than the Bilek, but the fit is terrible.

Simon

Have to admit the SMER looks good shapewise and seems to have a better 'sit' than the Bilek, but the fit is terrible.

Simon

yeah, i wouldnt mind a a SMER one if your happy with it...i have one in a bilek box, but no rush to build it lol, will do a 2 seater first.

yeah, i wouldnt mind a a SMER one if your happy with it...i have one in a bilek box, but no rush to build it lol, will do a 2 seater first.

Yeah gotta keep my eye out for a few more as I have an Aeromaster sheet of 40th Air Army a/c ? 'Fitters over the Panshir' inc some Afghan

and also Hi-Decal 16th Air army in East Germany.

Simon