There's a first time for everything...

ursa_major

I bet there were some knotted stomachs in those cockpits... good luck & safe flight lads :thumbsup:

I'd guess so too, though we did get a wave from one of the drivers. Here's hoping that they all return safe & well shortly and don't need to be used as more than a deterrent.

I'd guess so too, though we did get a wave from one of the drivers. Here's hoping that they all return safe & well shortly and don't need to be used as more than a deterrent.

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the pictures, Graham.

Why is there a Fireman waving at the pilot?

:rolleyes:

Look closer at the picture. The fireman is showing the pilot that he has removed both safety pins from the weapons (those red & white stripy things in his hands are the RBF tags attached to the pins). The visual confirmation that the weapons are now live is a vital part of the last-chance checks on an armed aircraft.

Look closer at the picture. The fireman is showing the pilot that he has removed both safety pins from the weapons (those red & white stripy things in his hands are the RBF tags attached to the pins). The visual confirmation that the weapons are now live is a vital part of the last-chance checks on an armed aircraft.

I was aware of that, my tongue in cheek comment was more to do with the Hi-Vis outfit the ground handler is wearing!

Sorry if my original statement came across wrongly!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting those pics... :speak_cool:

So inspired I took down my 1/48 ROG Tiffie to take a look. It was a pleasant surprise to find the markings for ZJ918 QO-L (the jet in the last pic) on the decal sheet. Fortunately that one seems to be configured without a second set of ASRAAM's and there are just enough AIM 120B's and ASRAAM's in the kit to do load it out correctly.

Mark