Academy Me 163 Komet

Just finished this OOB build, hand\brush painted with Lifecolor, lightly weathered with MIG and GW washes. Tractor unit is from kit, bloke from Revell German Pilot set. Base is cheap picture frame covered in static grass

Hope you enjoy

IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

Edited by cjhm

Nicely done I like the setting, it would have been nice to see a relieved pilot as well as the ground crew man.

it would have been nice to see a relieved pilot as well as the ground crew man.

Fair comment, I painted the man using box top of Revell figures, didn't realise that was ground crew uniform (should have done some more research!). There are some more obvious pilots in the box but didn't like the poses but I will have another look as I agree it will look better with pilot.

Nice job. Wouldn't it be good to have that recovery thingy in 1/48.

Very nice model. Incidentally, the "Suschlepper" thingy is available as a bit-pricey resin accessory from CMK.

Very nice model. Incidentally, the "Suschlepper" thingy is available as a bit-pricey resin accessory from CMK.

The 'thingy' is called a Scheuschlepper. Pronunced something like "shoi-shlepper"… ;-)

/Joachim

Edited by Spitfire31

Thanks for feedback folks, not sure what I can do about the grass (it doesn't show well in pics but there is a flattened line where the skid sits) but I found another chap in the Revell box (yes, his foot is floating over the wing in 1 shot, it should be resting lightly on it) who I feel adds to the scene (hope he looks relieved enough ChancerUK!)

Hope you enjoy

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2546.JPG

IMG_2559.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2564.JPG