IL 2 Shturmovik in romanian colours

I amin with a Academy 1/72nd IL 2 in romanian colours we have a long weekend and the wife is working bad for me .....good for the modelling!The build will be straight form the box and I will attempt tofinish it between today and Monday :deadhorse: Pics to follow.

I amin with a Academy 1/72nd IL 2 in romanian colours we have a long weekend and the wife is working bad for me .....good for the modelling!The build will be straight form the box and I will attempt tofinish it between today and Monday :deadhorse: Pics to follow.

Excellent, always loved the Shturmovik :D

It would seem that my "quick" weekend build just took a turn for the worst.I bought this kit based on some reviews that I read on the internet but alas contrary to the reviews my particular kit has some serious fit problems.The engine and wheel well naceles has very large gaps that needs filling along the joint lines as well as to the leading edge of the wings there is gaps between the nacelles and the wings too.Besides for this the fuselage also will not join up true but that is a relative small problem.I will however try and get it done at least three quarters of the way before midnight.

It would seem that my "quick" weekend build just took a turn for the worst.I bought this kit based on some reviews that I read on the internet but alas contrary to the reviews my particular kit has some serious fit problems.The engine and wheel well naceles has very large gaps that needs filling along the joint lines as well as to the leading edge of the wings there is gaps between the nacelles and the wings too.Besides for this the fuselage also will not join up true but that is a relative small problem.I will however try and get it done at least three quarters of the way before midnight.

Excellent work so far, and sorry to hear the bad news :( And good luck witht the rest of the build :)

Thanks F well I have most of the filling done I used superglue (in copious amounts) for the first time as a filler and the gaps mysteriously disappeared after some very agro work with a dremel and dentists bits and a lot of 600 and 1000 grit sandpaper.Hopefully I will have some progress to show tomorrow.

Shoulda built the Italeri 'vik! :P You'll manage, I'm sure :)

According to the instructions Romania catured two damaged IL's and made one.The progress is going really slow as my car had a fight with a potho;e and came off second bestt.I am claiming against the GVT for it but the quotes is taking up a lot of my time will show progress as soon as there is any.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys slight change of plan Ill be doing the build in Luftwaffe colours then and since the last post Ive moved house and became a baby girl richer so building is taking a bit of a back seat as you all can see

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Jim My internet is a bit slow but the build is coming along nicely will hopefully have it done by the weekend and I've put in a bit of a twist on the whole thing.The rules says a foreign Soviet right?Well the build is in its death throughs and I just couldnt bring myself to "rape" a piece of soviet engineering with facist markings.MMMMMM what to do what to do well I made a plan so wait for the weekend and I hope that it will impress!!!

Almost forgot thanks for the warm congrats Jim and Deon and seeing as I am now the manager of a training area let me know if you guys need some hardware pics mostly cargo Olifant tanks Ratels Gecko's etc etc!

I look forward to seeing the built-up Shturmovik! Shame about the fit problems - mine went together relatively easily with no problems. Perhaps the moulds (since Accurate Miniatures had them sitting around idle for some time before Academy obtained them) are becoming a bit tired.

Regards,

Learstang

100_0918.jpg

100_0921.jpg

100_0923.jpg

100_0924.jpg

100_0926.jpg

100_0927.jpg

100_0925.jpg

O.K so after strugling for near 4 hours to upload 7 Pictures I can now officialy call my build done.As I said I couldnt bear putting the bird in complete Luftwaffe colours and then decided to do something about it.

My solution was simple:Leave some of the Rusian markings on it and pose it on a base having it look as if is still busy being transformed from a rusian bird to a luftwaffe bird.The base was built from scratch the water tower was made from scratch and the compressor is a .22cal cartridge a necklace fastner and some copper wire and plastic bits and pieces.The timber load comes from a scale model train accessory set and the rest of the odds and ends is from a academy set.The kettenkrad is from the 72nd BF109 set with ground vehicle.All of the paints used is from academy and the decals is from the box as well.

Besides for the early fit problems the build was enjoyable and I will do one again if I can find it.

I still have a mig 23 that was started in may and was supposed to be part of the OOB GB but could not get it done in time hence I will submit it here and dress it up as a Libyan bird with nothing special about it.

Hope you enjoy.

Regards............

Edited by the South African

100_0918.jpg

100_0921.jpg

100_0923.jpg

100_0924.jpg

100_0926.jpg

100_0927.jpg

100_0925.jpg

O.K so after strugling for near 4 hours to upload 7 Pictures I can now officialy call my build done.As I said I couldnt bear putting the bird in complete Luftwaffe colours and then decided to do something about it.

My solution was simple:Leave some of the Rusian markings on it and pose it on a base having it look as if is still busy being transformed from a rusian bird to a luftwaffe bird.The base was built from scratch the water tower was made from scratch and the compressor is a .22cal cartridge a necklace fastner and some copper wire and plastic bits and pieces.The timber load comes from a scale model train accessory set and the rest of the odds and ends is from a academy set.The kettenkrad is from the 72nd BF109 set with ground vehicle.All of the paints used is from academy and the decals is from the box as well.

Besides for the early fit problems the build was enjoyable and I will do one again if I can find it.The matt cote in the pics is till wet and my www connection is buggering around hence the double post sorry for that!

I still have a mig 23 that was started in may and was supposed to be part of the OOB GB but could not get it done in time hence I will submit it here and dress it up as a Libyan bird with nothing special about it.

Hope you enjoy.

Regards............

Edited by the South African